OEM rack? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@minnesota80 my rack is in the same place as yours because i removed it to fix the only rust my cruiser had. I have no idea what to do with it now as i have a bowfin rack that is actually on the vehicle.

If cost is a concern you can get a van gutter mount set up from home Depot or Lowe's for very cheap and cut the side posts down so they aren't up so high. I considered this and all the other options mentioned above including mounting loading ramps on the van rack crossbars. Any and all suggestions above are better than the factory unless you are doing the museum thing and just want all original stuff.

Basically I don't think you can by a worse roofrack than the factory but to be honest i didn't evaluate all racks in existence. And I mean that by saying for capability and safety point of view.

@minnesota80 . Any and all suggestions above are better than the factory unless you are doing the museum thing and just want all original stuff.

I don't think the roof racks were factory and some (like mine) came without them - lucky us. So that takes the museum rationale off the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom