3" lift conversion to 2" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those look like stock springs, realize you get about 7" of lift going SOA alone. I'd go back to SUA and use a good 2 - 3" lift spring and run 32 - 33" tires.
Yeah I think that's the plan. Wait until it needs new shoes then go back to SUA with appropriate tires, etc.

So, @Randy88FJ62, what does the shock mount arrangement look like on your rig? My mounts are offset - is that normal?

...everything about this damn truck's suspension has me scared, haha.

2020-06-30 (1).jpeg

Not mine but very similar. Look at post #3 here:

Not mine but very similar. Look at post #3 here:

I am digging through old threads on the subject, I promise! haha!

So I guess what my question is - can I use the stock shock mounts and put shocks in this thing? If I have to fab shock mounts to complete an SOA lift that I don't even want .....blurg.

Is this your daily driver? What is your current budget? How about your timeline?

I would suggest investing in converting back to SOA which is not hard to do given what few parts you would actually need.

Is this your daily driver? What is your current budget? How about your timeline?

I would suggest investing in converting back to SOA which is not hard to do given what few parts you would actually need.

Not my daily driver, yet. The plan was to get this thing road legal and function then sell my Forester (which would save me $ on insurance and loan repayment that I could use towards sorting out the FJ). So, timeline is flexible. I still have to get it ready for emissions testing too.

So, budget is really whatever I could sell off the truck + I can put money back for it each month. Right now, the wife would probably nix any plans over a grand.

I am going to look through the forums and try to find a thread on reversing a SOA to a SUA (what this thread should have originally been about but I didn't know the terms SOA/SUA haha).

I called around and found a shock that will fit my 19 3/8" ride height but I just don't know if it can be installed with the mounts being that off set...
[/URL]

2020-06-30 (1)_LI.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom