Builds The Oddball 80 - Middle East GX Renovation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LOL! It is. Here's Galen's original thread. I need to start one up with my updates.

You know, if it came from @joekatana I believe it! He had a totally stripped out UN truck at the Roundup 2 years ago

A3E5DD80-396C-4030-B85D-343F706FA73E.jpeg

That's it!

Nolen, the corner light trims on all those eBay lights is the late style, but I was able to fit the OE trims onto the eBay lenses. The fit isn't 100% though.

So........

How does this work exactly without locking hubs??

@cruiseroutfit, can I just add hubs and make it a true 2wd or what? Not sure I really care but I would like to know how this works

CD6C3ECD-2439-47C9-80D1-7F7096F7ED40.jpeg

You know, if it came from @joekatana I believe it! He had a totally stripped out UN truck at the Roundup 2 years ago

View attachment 2356287
This was the white one before I painted it at the Southern Cruiser Crawl , pretty rare truck and I am glad it is still in good hands in the Mud family !

Very cool!

So........

How does this work exactly without locking hubs??

@cruiseroutfit, can I just add hubs and make it a true 2wd or what? Not sure I really care but I would like to know how this works

View attachment 2356588

Without hubs, I would guess the front is always turning. The shifter just controls wither it is under power or not. Put it on the lift and give the front driveline a spin by hand in the different positions.

Super cool seeing another Saudi truck in North America!

My recommendation is change ALL rubber components and as much plastic as practically possible. Rubbers and plastics were almost all shot on my Saudi rigs.

Without hubs, I would guess the front
Super cool seeing another Saudi truck in North America!

My recommendation is change ALL rubber components and as much plastic as practically possible. Rubbers and plastics were almost all shot on my Saudi rigs.

What’s weird about this truck is that it does not show any sign of off road use or long drives on Saudi sand highways.

I took out the carpet to pull the fuel tank sending unit and it’s never been removed and there was almost no dust or dirt under it.

This one sat on a base somewhere and never left the wire one the military got it.

I’ve been reading all the Saudi/GCC threads on Mud that I can find and this one is almost new condition comparatively

When I limped this thing home last week the AC blower was barely pushing air and was real loud on high.

Welp, maybe this was why ......

963F044B-3609-4CF3-839C-8FE27A986C86.jpeg

I think there's a whole sheep in there

Would like t see the time lapse of that creation!!!!

Another cool build thread and much more complete garage now that the 80 slot has been filled!

Some other cool stickers from the door jam

@boozewz can you translate the first one? Not word for word but what’s it telling us?

894CD0C0-151C-4F34-B9E3-93F423CFCACC.jpeg

898DA916-907D-4877-A9E8-D36082294B04.jpeg

08FFAAF4-A12E-48E4-919F-41185C233628.jpeg

8109151A-B4B9-43C7-9E4F-4C8F37F8C199.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom