VA/MD dealership registration service? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kevin in okinawa

SILVER Star
Threads
after daily driving a 60 for a decade, I'm looking forward to purchasing a commuter car like a grown up, lol. I'm likely going to reside in MD, but a lot of the used cars I'm looking at are being sold by VA dealerships. Will VA dealerships do all the typical tax/title/registration for MD plates? I searched Google really quick but I don't like reddit for getting real answers.

Thanks in advance!

I would recommend looking at Easterns.com - they have locations in both MD and VA and will transfer cars to any location for free (for a test drive or for sale) and then will obviously title in MD. They're probably the largest pre-owned dealer in the DC area; I personally work with them from a software side and they're top notch folks

Typically no they will not. They will give you a temp tag and you have to register it in MD.

Typically inspection is easier in VA. Last time I bought a Pre-owned car in VA I had them guarantee it would pass MD inspection.

also, just FYI, they can charge (and usually do charge!) higher dealer processing fees in VA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom