12HT/H55F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was not talking to a group only the 2 I called snowflake, I’m pretty proficient with this engine. It is about sold anyways. I see people get so many questions on the dumbest things sometimes, a spot on a seat for instance was an absolute show stopper. Dumb. I appreciate help and love to help others as much as possible. I’m not good necessarily with apologies when something could have been said a bit kinder the first time.
like I said to all interested....PM me for details. If my price is too much keep searching. I’m adding way more to the engine and finished tranny, exhaust and a few other parts that will be needed.
I would rather help than put down or hold someone back, I don’t throw shots at people that won’t help a sale. I don’t intervene if it’s not my lane.
good luck with what ever you do. Have a great day anyways.
please stay off this link if you refuse to helpful about a sale. I would not stop you in anyway.
mike T

Mike, I usually refrain from engaging in these types of continued posts but, since you keep bringing my name up I'm going to take that as you want my input once again.
I apologize if my first post offended you in some way but, like I told you via pm your message to Will and your initial post came off as smartass and very demeaning in general to the group. It really rubbed me the wrong way and that's why I gave my initial unfiltered opinion. The group here on MUD is generally very knowledgeable and you don't get "BS offers" and people trying to "talk you down" , perhaps you generally post on craigslist or something. One of the advantages to posting things on such a niche forum is the buyer and seller opens up the product to the conglomerate of knowledge wealth that is on here. Therefore, sometimes questionable things are picked apart by the vast knowledge base which can protect potential buyers. If you're not ok with that or don't want to answer some general questions about what you're selling perhaps you shouldn't post here in the first place.
I have a little bit of knowledge about what you have listed and that's why I looked at your post to begin with. I've read it at least half a dozen times now and it is a bit clearer now but perhaps some of the confusion is your price is more inline with a complete vehicle or partial vehicle perhaps needing a transfer case. Again, I don't intend to offend you by saying that but that comes from watching the market for this type of stuff. Perhaps your price may be more on point if you had some additional information on the said rebuild. Possibly what was done or who did the work or receipts etc. I really like the filter set up in your photo so it leads me to believe the modifications on your truck are actually thought out and not just thrown together like some.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but all h55 transmissions come from Japan. They can be ordered from your local toyota dealer and come direct from Japan for about 2200 dollars. I've purchased probably close to a dozen of these and they have all come painted black so a silver one kind of throws up a huge red flag.

I also know the cost of rebuilding a 12ht so your price could be very justified and appropriate considering the proper documentation is provided. There is no need to resort to name calling here as large as the group on here is most of us are friends here.
OK so since you still want to keep this out in the public and you don’t wanna just chat with me one on one about it. Wheather you are “Rubbed” wrong by me under almost any circumstance in not part of any conversation I may be in with anyone. Yes I do understand that the H 55F come from Japan thank you for that reminder

OK so since you still want to keep this out in the public and you don’t wanna just chat with me one on one about it. Wheather you are “Rubbed” wrong by me under almost any circumstance in not part of any conversation I may be in with anyone. Yes I do understand that the H 55F come from Japan thank you for that reminder, just give me a ring, this is like dealing with...well, I can’t think of anything so irritating. If you think you need to counsel me you need to look in the damn mirror, At your first post to me instead of a p.m. and bringing something to my attention that could’ve been helpful to others but no you didn’t want to do that did you cause you were rubbed wrong. What catastrophe your feelings were effing hurt. You should’ve kept it in private message.
You have my number

This thread has been great to read. I think Mike has one of those crusty no nonsense attitudes that just doesn’t translate well on the internet. In real life, I bet we’d all love hanging out and having a beer and listening to him bitch about the world and tell stories to us.

I know Roma pretty well, one of my favorite cruiser guys actually. Extremely knowledgeable, charitable with his time and willing to help anyone. Great sense of humor... The kinda guy that you also love hanging out with.

I bet these two would become best friends if they ever met, and then laugh about the time they duked it out on Mud 🤣

This thread has been great to read. I think Mike has one of those crusty no nonsense attitudes that just doesn’t translate well on the internet. In real life, I bet we’d all love hanging out and having a beer and listening to him bitch about the world and tell stories to us.

I know Roma pretty well, one of my favorite cruiser guys actually. Extremely knowledgeable, charitable with his time and willing to help anyone. Great sense of humor... The kinda guy that you also love hanging out with.

I bet these two would become best friends if they ever met, and then laugh about the time they duked it out on Mud 🤣
Well said, many of us Cruiser heads are watching from the cheap seats.

I’m done y’all, you’re correct makes no sense to argue. I would love to have some pints with you all, if my 12HT sales I’m putting in a R2.8 and 4L90e.
any pointers from anyone that would be helpful. I totally get it if I’ve used up all my help pointS on Mud.
hope everyone enjoyed the show....hahah,
mall enjoy your fourth of July weekend if you’re still celebrate it. We do. No guilt here!
so I will issue out an apology to all now in hopes of better conversation in the future.
mike

Every campfire needs that crusty guy. Seems like you are invited to be that person Mike.

I considered the r2.8 swap before just going 1HDT into my HZJ73. There's a build thread that I found pretty helpful from a company who's doing a body swap/drivetrain swap out in Bueno Vista, CO on a 70 series. I'm sure someone reading this post will know what company I'm talking about and can link the build thread. It might be Torfab?

I considered the r2.8 swap before just going 1HDT into my HZJ73. There's a build thread that I found pretty helpful from a company who's doing a body swap/drivetrain swap out in Bueno Vista, CO on a 70 series. I'm sure someone reading this post will know what company I'm talking about and can link the build thread. It might be Torfab?

If y’all hit this link right here it’s pretty informative on that engine swap. If my 12HT sells I’m going to go for it.

appreciate the tip on the forum I will find it and add to it once were done.
Have a great day
Mike

Good morning to anyone that may still be interested in My 12HT. The buyer pulled out. So, for anyone interested (PM me) I have documents of work done upgrades and history.

My price is still 11500 (engine and 5speed) My 5 speed is silver in color because I painted it, with a specialty engine paint, it with stands heat, and paint will stay and I can see leaks easier.

I am willing to consider the engine only.....(originally I said engine and 5 speed) Engine only is 8500, Ill answer questions on what Im including with the engine.

Im going to try here for another 7 days so like I said anyone with questions please please please PM me.
otherwise someone wants the crossover pipe (the one marked TURBO) and Im going to fab a more efficient manifold to have different turbo options. So, in addition to selling the crossover pipe Ill sell the manifold, turbo and down pipe, Ill clean it and ceramic coat if wanted or just powder coat. I don't run heat shields.....thats why I mention that!

I realize this is not the best (economy wise) time to sell something. Im in my window of my yearly way back country hunt. Ill give it another try next year if no sale now.

If this is hard to understand let me know, Ill very politely (i promise) explain, however if your not going to purchase please do not cloud up the post. Thanks I appreciate it.
Mike Tyrrel

The entire snorkel system is now included (pic 1) and the FASS lift pump is included (pic 2)
In picture number 3 I am pointing to where the fuel filter would go that I took off because of the fass system.
And picture 4 , that’s the fuel rail the black braided tube on the front is where the fuel goes in, the braided tube in the back is where the fuel returns back to the fuel tank.

So that’s the fuel system it goes from the tank through the lift pump to the fuel rail and then back to the fuel tank , no water separator no sedimenter or the 500 other things that was originally on the fuel system. I also have a 44 gallon tank so I don’t have any of the original 12 HT rusty ass fuel system. That has left me on the side of the road more than one time!
that fass pump or an AFE or bully dog type system works extremely good on my big diesel trucks that I use for work so I knew it had to work on this too, it’s great! I have had one guy in the past call BS on that system but that gentleman is not necessarily correct this is an amazing system.

mike

and finally just one more sorry for being a douche last week, not saying that so y’all buy my engine just cause it’s right y’all have a great holiday.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That is cool!! Good luck with your sale!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom