Three 6 Hybrids is Moving Out of the Carport (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those sexy motors on theirs engine stands will thank you! Coming along nicely and looking great.

I ran the floor grinder over 10 hours straight today. Rob came by and cut in against the wall with the angle grinder. I should be able to finish tomorrow.

It’s looking dope though...

A334440A-261A-4D08-B239-D2655BD435A8.jpeg

60934C61-3FD5-4DA4-8270-C517FCBFE284.jpeg

A373BC0F-3573-4FB9-AE84-D2AAA35A09C5.jpeg

Inspired by current events, we have declared my property the Summer Avenue Autonomous Zone, and I have proclaimed myself to be the Warlord.

We had an International visitor Sunday ( @nuclearbeef ), but he didn’t bring his work gloves, so it was the other side of the barricade for him :grinpimp:

062DB13E-D06B-4071-B2A2-8D116B17C517.jpeg

Late night Warlording like a mofo:

EC26569A-AC77-45AA-BD55-5A3600D433A7.jpeg

Last edited:
We are this close :holds fingers together: on the floor, but we’ve run into some old petroleum based tile mastic in the last corner, and the grinder just smears it around.

We’re going to experiment with some stripper or maybe some strippers and try to remove it so we can finish. It’s close.

E04B82A0-56FC-4AE9-A572-180739486B67.jpeg

Use that propane weed burner you have -- that should take care of anything petroleum. :grinpimp:

I got sucked into 15 pages of a shop build and I like it. A few questions. No more security bars ? Camera's ? Alarms ? I am sure the neighborhood is not nice just because better neighbors arrived. They will steal window units from the outside.

I got sucked into 15 pages of a shop build and I like it. A few questions. No more security bars ? Camera's ? Alarms ? I am sure the neighborhood is not nice just because better neighbors arrived. They will steal window units from the outside.

The first rule of security club is we don’t talk about security club ;)

...I am sure the neighborhood is not nice just because better neighbors arrived...

Maybe, but they are sending better and more normal looking “hospitality“ workers by every week. We are making the area better in ways we didn’t imagine.

Razor wire adds a nice third world homey touch that regular barbed wire does not.

Maybe, but they are sending better and more normal looking “hospitality“ workers by every week. We are making the area better in ways we didn’t imagine.

So the dime pieces are now dubs ?

We are this close :holds fingers together: on the floor, but we’ve run into some old petroleum based tile mastic in the last corner, and the grinder just smears it around.

We’re going to experiment with some stripper or maybe some strippers and try to remove it so we can finish. It’s close.

View attachment 2357124
That's where the rug and couches go. How else are you going to make the spectators feel at home? :popcorn:

The floor grinding is finally done, which means I got to use the forklift :grinpimp:

0733CA4D-98A7-45CE-9796-7E082BD7591E.jpeg

We vacuumed the floor really good, then pressure washed/wet vac’d it. If it’s dry tomorrow, I’ll put down the coating.

Last edited:
I had a good omen blow in today. Like, literally blow in.

Tumble trash is constantly blowing and collecting on my front fence. Some gets airborne enough to sneak into my back lot.

Today, when I went to fire up the forklift, something caught my eye:

0FBADCE0-08E9-4C77-B3A9-47328688B3AD.jpeg

My first dollar at the shop! I’ll be framing this puppy and hanging it on the wall :grinpimp:

9FF32978-4B39-4301-B872-E6E5F7810D77.jpeg

Last edited:
A while back I mentioned all of the coincidences that have been lining up with this shop. I think we’re in the double digits now.

As you know, the Elvis connection is strong here. What you didn’t know, is that I live about two blocks from The King’s first house...

Well, I’ve hired my youngest cousin to help reno the shop (and may keep him on as a grease monkey once the outside is done). Guess what his last name is?

PRESLEY

😳😳😳 👽👽👽 😳😳😳

Last edited:
The floor grinding took longer than expected because we actually had to do it twice. Nolen insisted that we protect the floor with Fluid Film, but we ended up having to grind that back off because it wasn’t working.

Well, we found just the stuff. The Real Deal.

After a day on the phone, I found the Holy Grail, a NOS industrial sized drum of Soul Glo at a Beauty Supply warehouse down the street.

I picked up the drum this morning and laid down the first coat...

9F3DFCBD-9F69-4CD7-B8D0-A390EA8F8EC9.jpeg

It goes on milky, then settles into a cloudy/clear matte sheen.

FE3E0F14-E09C-4EE2-9DC0-36B1C645E258.jpeg

I’ve got enough for two, maybe three more coats. Recoat times are 5-8 hours, so I’ll be Warlording all night instead of sleeping.

It’s richAF though. It totally looks like an old floor, only better.

1093A5BB-23DE-4386-A5EE-748243D7DACC.jpeg

The floor grinding took longer than expected because we actually had to do it twice. Nolen insisted that we protect the floor with Fluid Film, but we ended up having to grind that back off because it wasn’t working.

Well, we found just the stuff. The Real Deal.

After a day on the phone, I found the Holy Grail, a NOS industrial sized drum of Soul Glo at a Beauty Supply warehouse down the street.

Perfect. As good as Fluid Film and location-appropriate

Coat #1 is cured enough for the next coat (I hope, it’s still a little tacky).

F0AAD751-4C79-4EB1-BD1C-775B8E4D39F9.jpeg

Last edited:
There’s an old parking lot-style floor drain in the middle of the floor that’s long been filled in. No doubt many a 10mm is entombed down there. The concrete was easily an inch high and was a tripping & floor jack hazard.

I probably spent about two hours grinding this mofo down, but it's flat now, and I was able to save enough of the lettering to keep it legible. You can glide over this on a creeper without even a skip now.

04A335C9-0563-4908-9C9E-4577C3330C90.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom