94 tranny went capoot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the trans was full and nice clean red fluid. Cruising at 65 on the highway in cruise control when all of a sudden the rpms jump up high and I pull over.

So I have no action in any gear, forward of reverse. Just revs.

I am open to suggestions if anybody wants to throw some out.

So the trans was full and nice clean red fluid. Cruising at 65 on the highway in cruise control when all of a sudden the rpms jump up high and I pull over.

So I have no action in any gear, forward of reverse. Just revs.

I am open to suggestions if anybody wants to throw some out.
Do you have oil slobbered all over someplace as if you blew a line and pumped out all the fluid?

Did you bump the 4WD shifter into Neutral? It will act the same way.

Shut off the truck and push the 4WD lever FORWARD hard to make sure it's engaged. If it won't move that way, try it to LOW range and start it to see if it will move.

If you go to low range and it moves but will not in high range, you lost a front drive flange.

If you can, LOCK the CDL. If you don't have the switch, moving to low range will do it.

Did you bump the 4WD shifter into Neutral? It will act the same way.

Shut off the truck and push the 4WD lever FORWARD hard to make sure it's engaged. If it won't move that way, try it to LOW range and start it to see if it will move.
No tried that and center diff locked , no change.

No tried that and center diff locked , no change.
Will it hold it's position in Park? Or can you physically push the truck?

If you go to low range and it moves but will not in high range, you lost a front drive flange.

If you can, LOCK the CDL. If you don't have the switch, moving to low range will do it.
Tried low range and locking with the switch, no change

Holds position in park.
OK. At least that means you do not have a broken internal shaft someplace between the transmission output and the differentials.

What work have you recently done?

When you checked the transmission oil, you did it with it warm (15+ miles) and with the engine running, in park. Right?

Do you have a 2WD kit (part time kit) and lockout hubs on the front wheels?

Are you stranded?

If so, city, state, Hwy?

Did you get a Hot Transmission light on the lower left of dash?

1593228360465.png

1593228448131.png

1593228480829.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom