Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

0C45B3B4-45F1-4096-ABE7-713015F5F66F.jpeg

got an early Birthday present yesterday A welding /jig table. Got it set up and a work bench.

No it's from northern tools. We drove to va beach Monday and stopped in the Hampton location and picked it up. Not as heavy duty is I'd like but for $170 it's got good reviews.

for that price its hard to beat. I might have to go see if they have one here local. would beat my plywood with sheetmetal skin on it.

Continued restoring the '40. Finished the springs and pins lube and install. Had to buy one set of new pins for the non-shackle end as they were too worn. The rest were reconditionable. Finished prepping and POR15ing the frame outsides, especially the crossbar under the bib/radiator - derusting and POR15ing that was a bear. I even made a short and super long right angle paint brush of sorts. Started on the leaky knuckles and pulled left knuckle and have begun the component cleaning/derusting/painting. Decided to replace the very aged, but still holding up well, welded bell birfs (Bobby Long originals) with RCV axle set. They make a set for the electric front locker, so cool. Right knuckle next, and then the leaky nosecone seal. Will have to most likely install a speedy seal that I have on hand for the flange. The list is long, but once done, this will be the last of the biggies.

Does this mean you’ll be out soon Dan 🤔

Does this mean you’ll be out soon Dan 🤔

Good question. While I wouldn't say soon, I'd like to get back on the trails. Re covid, I'm in the high risk group, so I tend to avoid crowds, plus, I still have my medical issues. I'm just tired of not wheeling. I'm trying to think positive.

Continued restoring the '40. Finished the springs and pins lube and install. Had to buy one set of new pins for the non-shackle end as they were too worn. The rest were reconditionable. Finished prepping and POR15ing the frame outsides, especially the crossbar under the bib/radiator - derusting and POR15ing that was a bear. I even made a short and super long right angle paint brush of sorts. Started on the leaky knuckles and pulled left knuckle and have begun the component cleaning/derusting/painting. Decided to replace the very aged, but still holding up well, welded bell birfs (Bobby Long originals) with RCV axle set. They make a set for the electric front locker, so cool. Right knuckle next, and then the leaky nosecone seal. Will have to most likely install a speedy seal that I have on hand for the flange. The list is long, but once done, this will be the last of the biggies.
Dan- good to hear from you!!! Cruiser Outfitters sells very nicely machined front output flanges for both coarse and fine spline output shafts. I just used one on a late 70's 4 speed case rebuild and it fit perfectly. The old flange had a deep groove worn in it, this replacement should solve the leakage issue. And, their flanges have multi hole bolt patterns. Let me know if you decide to go that way. Unfortunately I don't have the part number I used but could probably dig it up if need be. Good luck and keepon plugging! maybeyou could sneak up to the faux coal mine event in July..........

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom