Beige fender pads for LX450? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Toyota Parts Deal has beige CE pads. I have no idea how that compares to the beige LX450 pad. I have an LX450 in champagne pearl and needed flare gaskets....I didnt do my homework and ordered and just received an anniversary edition gray (hoping it would be close enough) and the color isnt too far off...its darker than the originals. The shape and length look fine. What IS different is that the adhesive on the fender side only covers part of the pad. The adhesive on the flare side is full length. I can make it work. mtkreitz: where did you find gray pads for your LX?

@retlaw I ordered them from Lexus of South Atlanta a year or two ago. I move slowly on my projects :) The description said dark grey but they are actually black.

I also recently ordered some Land Cruiser pads in white and noticed the adhesive strip doesn't go the full length either. I have some of the high-quality 1/8" wide 3M adhesive foam tape that is similar to what was used originally on the cladding so I figured I would use that if needed. What is the P/N of the ones you ordered?

@cruiserdan I actually hesitated a bit before typing "dying" breed but just said ah "f" it. He will probably outlive me :)

@retlaw I ordered them from Lexus of South Atlanta a year or two ago. I move slowly on my projects :) The description said dark grey but they are actually black.

I also recently ordered some Land Cruiser pads in white and noticed the adhesive strip doesn't go the full length either. I have some of the high-quality 1/8" wide 3M adhesive foam tape that is similar to what was used originally on the cladding so I figured I would use that if needed. What is the P/N of the ones you ordered?

@cruiserdan I actually hesitated a bit before typing "dying" breed but just said ah "f" it. He will probably outlive me :)
53852-60060-B1 the 40th Anniversary gray that I ordered.. drivers side front

53852-60040-E0 CE Beige.. drivers side front

53852-60060-B1 the 40th Anniversary gray that I ordered.. drivers side front

53852-60040-E0 CE Beige.. drivers side front
You're right. That color does look close...
5385260060B1.jpg

Received a response today from Amayama. They have a two-step process whereby you place an order and then they confirm it before they allow you to order.

They confirmed my ability to order but cautioned me about using Japan post (90+ days and no guarantee of delivery) so I asked them to change shipping to FedEx and to verify 100% that I would be receiving beige.

Waiting for confirmation... Keeping fingers crossed!

Did they provide the part number being supplied?

When I placed the item in my cart I specified 53851-60150-E1.

The email I received back from them, and the part in my cart is simply 53851-60150 (without the color designation)

I sent them a note indicating that they must confirm I will receive the E1 color before ordering. Stay tuned for their response...

Rolled snake eyes... 🐍👀. Damn! Response from Amayama:

Hello,
Toyota 5385260051E1
Substitute: 53852-60070 (No Color) -- In Stock
If you will order 5385260051E1 (Beige) we can not supply same color. We will supply new part number.

So much for that. Guess I am back to looking for a similar color fender pad from another Toyota vehicle... Unless someone on mud is hoarding some NOS that they are willing to part with.

So after striking out on the (beige) LX450 fender pads (53852-60051-E1) I combed through all the vehicles that had similar colored cladding/flares and found 53853-35090-B5 from a 2000 Toyota 4-Runner. It's color is B5 (Champagne) so I wasn't sure how close it would be.

Ironically when I was leaving the dealership I did a spin around the service department and actually found a 2000 4-Runner limited that seemed to have the same color fender flares as my LX-450. I'm not sure its the exact color, but I can check this week when I actually make it down to my shop.

Looks very close in my opinion...

IMG_0025.jpeg
IMG_0027.jpeg
IMG_0022.jpeg
IMG_0023.jpeg
IMG_0024.jpeg

Last edited:
Decided to run by my shop and compare the champagne against the beige pieces I have and the flares. The color is so very close, almost identical. The beige is a bit warmer in tone but the champagne is an excellent alternative. The profile is also the same, however there is only adhesive strips on the flare side, and not both as with the LX-450 trim. I do not think that will be an issue at all... I plan to install both front fenders with the champagne, and the rears with a combination of champagne on the door side of the flare and beige on the rear quarter due to the small piece that is a different profile specific to the LX-450.

Beige is on the top and/or right side in the photos.

IMG_6098.jpeg
IMG_6099.jpeg
IMG_6100.jpeg
IMG_6101.jpeg
IMG_6102.jpeg

Adhesion on both sides keeps the moldings tight against the body and also reduces the amount of dirt that gets in between the moulding and the body panels. Toyota did that for a reason. I don't know of an easy way to add that to gaskets that were not made with that provision.

Yeah I thought it might have an affect on how tidy the gasket looks/performs after install or over time. Hopefully it will work out okay as I really dislike the look of the white/dark grey/black fender pads. Thankfully I will have the LX-450 fender pads on the rear, I only wish I had ordered the fronts while they were still available.

I’m not sure I will add the tape on the other side, but if I do I will use some 3M VHB tape I bought a wile back in a 1/8” wide roll. Looks exactly like what is used on the fender side of the pad. Interesting the tape used on the flare side is thinner/different.
0D13FE65-2821-41B0-B01E-4FC01D3E3A68.jpeg

421AE4FA-AC0E-45E7-83D2-DE64108B5363.jpeg

Last edited:
Just to clarify, the LX fender to body gasket is NOT compatible with the 80 gasket so I'll have to go through Lexus to get OEM trim for the LX? I almost ordered a set of 80 gaskets from a vendor here on Mud.

The 80 has a simple flare. The LX is a flare/cladding combo. Different animal all together.

Just to clarify, the LX fender to body gasket is NOT compatible with the 80 gasket so I'll have to go through Lexus to get OEM trim for the LX? I almost ordered a set of 80 gaskets from a vendor here on Mud.
The pad for the front fender is nearly identical. There should be no issue at all with using the 80 series fender pad on an LX-450 that I can envision. The pad I am using is from a 4-Runner, so not having the double-sided tape on the fender side is the only difference... but that could be fixed with some 1/8" 3M VHB tape.

The back flare is different. There is a section of the rear flare where it contacts the lower-rear quarter cladding that is distinctly different. However, I suspect you could still use the 80 series pad with few issues. It won't fit exactly and will need to be trimmed but I do not see why it won't work.

This photo is the best one that I could find that demonstrates the ~6" of (unique) fender pad that is at the bottom of the rear flare.

back-jpg.137446
DBF3E157-31CC-44E6-B666-11FF89CB0DFD.jpeg

Last edited:
Installed the 4-Runner fender pad today. Flare is not bolted or clipped in at the moment. Just wanted to see how it looks. I had to cut about 4” off of the end, plenty long. Color is not perfect but much better than the other options...
856A383F-04CB-44A2-87FD-02845A84CA97.jpeg
DDC41E55-F9D9-413F-83B3-818233AA72FB.jpeg
904CE02A-3F8A-4226-973A-4FD45B6B678D.jpeg
E6D3DD5D-0DD9-4BAD-981E-D0E7DEF1A948.jpeg

The flare pad profile is actually different? I know the length is different. The Anniversary Edition flare pad that I bought LOOKS like it would work on an LX but I haven't really tested it.
mtkreitz used a 4runner flare pad. It looks great.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom