Grey 100 series build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some pre-vacation maintenance pics from a few weeks ago. Just under 250k mile at the time. The original radiator finally let go at the bottom tank/core crimp. Glad this happened before the trip and not during. Also had a DS cv making noise. A big thanks to Lewis Toyota of Topeka who not only had the best price in the country on OEM radiators (order online) but had it the next day.
IMG_1583.JPG
IMG_1584.JPG
IMG_1586.JPG

I have also struggled with the AC in this rig since buying it. It will not hold a charge for more than a few weeks at a time. Have ran dye through it, sniffer on all the lines, to no avail. I finally figured it must be the schrader valves as the rig will hold vacuum overnight. That was also the only place I would find dye and they would consistently give off a hiss of gas when I pulled the caps off. Replaced with JRA valves and used Nylog blue for a little extra seal. I also replaced the factory desiccant bag. Charged with 38oz of gas.
IMG_1590.JPG

IMG_1590.JPG

How's the AHC holding up after adjusting the torsion bars and new rear springs? Buttery smooth?

The globes are starting to show their age, but yeah, you can still tell the difference when you adjust the dial. I would say it rides smooth for a rig with 18'' wheels and E rated tires. I will eventually get around to replacing the globes. New rear springs did fix the DS lean that I kept having.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom