1997 Land Cruiser Anniversary Editions Explained.... (1 Viewer)

Did you find this useful?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What is the Toyota App that is referenced? I have a 97 CE. I'd like to look it up. I'm just a bit confused on what color I have. Definately not green. Not the bluish/greyish one.. It's tan all one color. Not two toned. Triple locked. and upgraded sound system. Would be fun to see where it fall in the rare aspect.
Thanks.

What is the Toyota App that is referenced? I have a 97 CE. I'd like to look it up. I'm just a bit confused on what color I have. Definately not green. Not the bluish/greyish one.. It's tan all one color. Not two toned. Triple locked. and upgraded sound system. Would be fun to see where it fall in the rare aspect.
Thanks.
What is the paint code on the ID tag in the diver's door jamb?

Interesting stuffs with breakdown of the 40th Anniversary model, especially with only 4 made without the sunroof option. Is this number for U.S. model only? I have this overhead console (from Australia) for a 40th Anniversary and it is without the sunroof control. So, it must be from one of the super rare 40th Anniversary!!

Landcruiser Overhead Console 4.jpg

1A5 is Desert Dune Metallic.

Like the history and information you’ve gathered. Thank you for posting this thread.

Interesting stuffs with breakdown of the 40th Anniversary model, especially with only 4 made without the sunroof option. Is this number for U.S. model only? I have this overhead console (from Australia) for a 40th Anniversary and it is without the sunroof control. So, it must be from one of the super rare 40th Anniversary!!

View attachment 2322812

I would venture to be that is not from a US model 40th, so not from one of the four non sun roof models. In the US, they were all called Anniversary Limited, not Commemorative Editions. The Commemorative was an Australian thing.

You can also buy that sticker here - TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 80 SERIES 40TH ANNIVERSARY INTERIOR BADGE NEW GENUINE | eBay

I didn't think it was from a US model either as the overhead console is not available for U.S. It cool that you can still buy that sticker. So, are the Australia 40th Anniversary build similar like the U.S model in term of color and two tone seats.....etc...that are unique to the 40th model? Are the AU 40th model rare like the US?

1 of 24 collectors edition. Lockers and Moonglow Pearl. Talk to the owner and he may be willing to sell

5E990740-7A05-472A-8747-3B3759B21C46.jpeg

That tag has irregular edges. I view that as suspect.

Possibly the driver's door was replaced at one point and did a bad job of removing it and installed on the new door.

It is intentionally impossible to remove the label without destroying it. The edges of the label depicted above suggest tampering.

I could be mistaken. I only spent 37 years in the car business so I didn't see everything.

I talk to the son, his father owns the car. He let me look at it. His father is out of country and will be back soon. Said he dose not use it much, the truck is very neglected. Faded and chipped paint, interior not as good too. Engine and tranny is covered with oil. Just under 300k on the odometer. I took a detour to work and happened to find it, never seen that color before on a 80. Left a note and the son call me. I suspect it was repainted, have to check the VIN#

E819C138-6A9A-425F-8769-93BE3FB78604.jpeg

Never tried to remove the door label before but I believe you. Strange as it looks like someone intentionally used a razor blade and trimmed the edges but did a s***ty job.

Pretty cool that it came originally with the sunroof wind deflector/hood protector and they are still there. The door wind deflectors are probably aftermarket.

I talk to the son, his father owns the car. He let me look at it. His father is out of country and will be back soon. Said he dose not use it much, the truck is very neglected. Faded and chipped paint, interior not as good too. Engine and tranny is covered with oil. Just under 300k on the odometer. I took a detour to work and happened to find it, never seen that color before on a 80. Left a note and the son call me. I suspect it was repainted, have to check the VIN#

View attachment 2346470

Used, but not necessarily neglected.

Nice . No or little rust and already coated! Depending on the state you might have to pay for an official vin tag to be placed on the vehicle. Reprinting that vin I think is not considered valid but probably not a huge deal as long as all the frame and dash locations match that one. If I were to take a picture and reprint a vin tag for the door, I would cut better lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom