Intake routing ls swap....How did you get cold air? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well finally got around to building an intake. Ended up buying some straight pipe and using pie cuts to make bends. Went to pick and pull and found an air filter housing from a 5.4l ford expedition. I only used half of the filter housing and made a plate which secures the filter in the housing. Ran flex from the front of the housing down below headlight, so it is pulling air from in front of the radiator. Still need to wrap all the tube in heat reflective wrap. Haven't confirmed lower IAT, but it's no mystery its pulling in cooler air this way, and performance is much better.

20200619_133405.jpg

20200619_133357.jpg

Any update on this? How did this work for your IATs?

Mine is still getting too hot while crawling at slow speeds, so I have to do something different.

Any update on this? How did this work for your IATs?

Mine is still getting too hot while crawling at slow speeds, so I have to do something different.

I haven't had a chance to check mine in hot wheeling Temps. Running around town, my Temps are pretty consistent since I'm pulling air from outside the engine bay. I still need to wrap all my intake tubing with heat wrap to try and keep the ambient air from heating up the intake air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom