Chance to buy 40k mile 2000 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, some hate here. I'm not a rookie with older cars and I know when one has been maintained and garaged. I just posted a follow up because I was excited to get this pristine truck and it's a rare find. Here's a couple pics for the guys that asked. I'll post some interior pics later.

View attachment 2335661
What do have for a hitch there @bravo8 ?

Great find! Looks like grey interior also which is more rare than the tan for these. Unusual rear wing tho, is it aftermarket? I love it, enjoy my friend!

@bravo8 That's amazing! I think you did well. Throw some clear bra on that and enjoy the premium highway cruiser!

Given pricing on Land Cruisers 100 and older lately I think that may not lose much value in the next decade if the miles stay low. That's a very rare thing you have and you sound like a great owner to maintain its unique life. Congrats!

If you can't appreciate the difference between driving a 470 and a Sienna...I don't think you get

What I don’t get is paying that much and not at least using it how it was intended.

May want to update your profile picture then, looking offensively stock there.

@bravo8 congrats on finding a vehicle that suits your needs. Looks fantastic !
Yeah not sure what stock or modded or my profile picture has anything to do with this discussion.

I'd ride my bike before driving a Sienna

also- just saw the pics you posted. Holy HELL that thing is pristine! congrats on the purchase!

Yeah not sure what stock or modded or my profile picture has anything to do with this discussion.
Giving OP a hard time for wanting to buy a vehicle and using it in a way you don't seem fit. Your unhelpful comments only insinuate someone should get a LC to wheel it and nothing else. In which case your truck should theoretically be decked out to do just that.
Your comments have had nothing to do with this discussion either.

Curious how soon you will have to replace all of the rubber components. Doesn't rubber age despite the mileage?

Giving OP a hard time for wanting to buy a vehicle and using it in a way you don't seem fit. Your unhelpful comments only insinuate someone should get a LC to wheel it and nothing else. In which case your truck should theoretically be decked out to do just that.
Your comments have had nothing to do with this discussion either.

What are you talking about? LC? decked out?

I’ve wheeled my bone stock truck probably harder than half these guys use their built trucks. Nowhere did I mention LC or modding anything. My comment said, what is the point of buying a 100 if you’re just gonna baby it and not use it how it was intended. Can you read?

If you’re not gonna offroad it should’ve just got like a 2 year old loaded Sienna. MUCH better in every way. But I ain’t gonna try to lecture you.
Your attitude has been well conveyed.
Point is it is a free country and people can buy what they want for whatever reason.
You seemingly came to this thread with 0 intent to provide anything but criticism.
Your attitude would be better suited on tacomaworld.com or maybe a jeep forum.

Nice find OP...did you ever consider a 200 series at that price?

I did this investigation really heavily late last year. I found I could get a high mile (150k+) and/or slightly abused LX for high 20's, but I didn't trust any of them to not need a thorough baseline. The 200's I wanted were all $30k+ and those were often LXs that are not off-road friendly out of the box. That said, for a highway cruiser they'd be fine. However, the LX shown in @bravo8 's pictures is WAYYYYY nicer than the 200 you're going to buy for a similar price based on what I saw.

Curious how soon you will have to replace all of the rubber components. Doesn't rubber age despite the mileage?

I've restored a handful of 10-30 year old vehicles. Rubber does age regardless, but reduced mileage and being garage kept makes a significant difference in rubber wear all over. I still remember the 88 Supra I bought with 114,xxx miles that seemed brand new compared to the 89, 90 and 91's I bought around the same time with 1.5-3x the mileage.

What I don’t get is paying that much and not at least using it how it was intended.
To my previous point. This truck wasn't built and marketed to the US to be a Wheeling rig.

That being said, I stated my intended purposes of this vehicle and unfortunately you don't agree....but it works perfect for my needs. One could also argue, this 20 year old truck is too nice and low mileage to make a rig out of. Plenty of 150k mile trucks to do that with. Have a good one.

After seeing the pics, enjoy it for sure as you see fit. I didn't buy my rig for Xtreme off roading either. It is big, handles any weather situation bone stock, swallows dogs and kids with ease, is very comfy, and can tow my loaded 16x8 enclosed trailer. It looks like it lived a harder life before falling into my hands.

Capture.JPG

Just for anyone that is new and/or doesn't know about this feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom