SAS Solid Axle Summit #4 Official Thread 2020 (2 Viewers)

SAS #4 Color Choices

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok! She’s built and fitting Accessories and working on fitting the advanced adapters kit for the 4L60E.

D2B279FD-ACF0-4DAC-8997-797CFFD805ED.jpeg

A268E2CA-9FF8-4400-BB21-C411B176AF3B.jpeg

656A23F3-CFFD-4C68-9C45-876F9C40F555.jpeg

7D6ADFEC-7C21-468C-9B85-C7207F7F2995.jpeg

724E5C78-DB30-454D-A91D-96B71047B3FF.jpeg

Last edited:
Putting out the feelers. This is "technically" not the right place to air this, but it's the right group, I believe.

I have a set of OEM LX450 wheels up for sale. They have pretty decent street tires on them now, but I highly doubt anyone here would care about those. At any rate, I could figure out a way to get them up to SAS this year if anyone is interested.

Putting out the feelers. This is "technically" not the right place to air this, but it's the right group, I believe.

I have a set of OEM LX450 wheels up for sale. They have pretty decent street tires on them now, but I highly doubt anyone here would care about those. At any rate, I could figure out a way to get them up to SAS this year if anyone is interested.
Street tires?!?! We don’t drive mall cruisers!!

You bet, man. Not bad for four hours of wrenching.

I've never worked on an engine swap, so it's a welcomed learning experience.

Last edited:
Might have to chat with you about your old 3fe... mine has begun showing more signs of defeat.
It’s a good running engine could be just a head gasket or may or may not need a head

Trail reports
Ran up mineral creek no snow no rock slides
Imogene 3/4 way up was being plowed talk to plow driver he was thinking orob this week or weekend be open to the top. No idea on telluride side he said one turn near top had about 30 feet of snow in it.
Govenor basin had snow drifts on dirt bike made it up the switch backs but no way in truck. Prob month or so and a big tree across the road.
Rest of the plowed stuff open
No word on black bear I assume telluride side is the problem

42FA3D4B-2D87-40A5-A0B7-F2C9383EACAC.jpeg

F6BA3B0F-87DF-4360-9791-9C59BEB22F7C.jpeg

9D01D8A9-A27C-4A64-A0F5-94FEAF1B0E9F.jpeg

^^^

Like your mirror.🆘🙈

^^^

😱 Vandalism for sure...call your insurance company and they will surely take care of that.

From a 200 series event. Sounds like they are moving forward with their plans. Just more of a fyi.

We just sent an email about the event. Here's an excerpt from plain text version:

------------------------------------------------------------
LCDC 2020: See You in Fort Collins on July 29th!
------------------------------------------------------------

We have some exciting news to share: after careful consideration (and taking every last minute of our self-imposed decision deadline of June 15th), we've decided to hold the event during the original dates from July 29th to August 2nd in Fort Collins.

This email contains background information on the decision, the necessary modifications we are likely to make to the event, and what to expect in terms of next steps. Also, don't miss the section at the end of this email about T-Shirts.

It's definitely been a tough few months and while we are excited to hit the trails and interact with everyone, we must emphasize that safety is our top priority. One of the upsides of hosting this year's event in Cody's hometown of Fort Collins is that it's very easy to get on-the-ground guidance on what is safe and allowable under local jurisdiction. As of this writing, almost everything we typically do during an LCDC event is allowable in Larimer County (Coronavirus (COVID-19) (Health)).

What modifications will we need to make to the event?

* Attendees must engage in proper social distancing throughout the event whether we are in town or on the trail.
* At the moment we can't have the entire group in one place at one time. This means we'll lean toward informal small group gatherings that may potentially need to be self-organized.
* If things do change and we are able to get larger groups together, then expect to bring your own food and drink.
* We will max out trail groups at 6 trucks. This means that larger groups will need to stagger as much as possible.
* We assume that you will stay tuned into the Larimer County health and safety recommendations (Coronavirus (COVID-19) (Health)) related to COVID-19.
* While we do not plan to police the group in terms of following safety guidelines, do not be surprised if USFS Rangers, local police, etc. take a curious look at our group to make sure we're following local guidelines.

Do you have concerns about attending the event? What about refunds?

* We completely respect the decisions attendees must make for themselves and their families. For instance, in the SF Bay Area, we are still under shelter-in-place and if this had been a CA-based event we would have cancelled. We're confident that we can have a safe and successful event that conforms to the local guidelines.
* We are happy to issue refunds to anyone who decides not to attend until June 19th. After that date we cannot promise full, or even partial, refunds as we'll start using the funds for event expenses that are non-refundable.

What if COVID-19 gets worse and/or the Larimer County guidelines are revised to be more stringent?

* At the moment this seems unlikely to happen within the next 45 days, but it's certainly a possibility. Who can predict anything these days? :)
* If unforeseen consequences emerge after we pull the trigger on event expenses, then we may not be able to issue full or partial refunds if we cancel the event or if you decide you can't make it.

What about the trails and trail groups?

* We don't anticipate major changes to the trail experience, but we do plan on making some minor changes to how trails are organized. Shelter-in-place orders and closed public lands prevented our being able to run the trails in advance.
* This means we will approach this event with far less collective knowledge about the trails compared to any prior LCDC event.
* In prior years we've capped each trail group at 10 trucks. This year will be different on two counts. We are not going to cap signups per route each day; instead, we'll accept as many sign ups as there's demand for each route and then folks can form small groups and stagger departures before heading out on the trail.
* The trail days will be more of an exploration than a guided event. The trail leaders are more apt to be people who are comfortable driving offroad and simply being the "first truck in the line" rather than a formal leader and trail guide. The majority of trails will be lead by people doing the trail for the first time. If this doesn't sit well with you then please consider opting out and asking for a refund.
* We will still define trail routes and plenty of documentation for all drivers just like prior events.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. Our goal is to make the event as fun as possible while also ensuring that we're supporting and following guidelines to help keep folks safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom