This is crazy! Looking for 2002 Lexus LX470 roof rack "roof cushions" that Forum member may have sitting around - exhausted all vendor options.... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings friends – looking for a Forum savior to my dead-end search for replacement roof rack “cushions/bumpers” for my factory installed roof rack on my 2002 Lexus LX470. Apparently, the best hope I have is to locate a Forum member who has replaced their similar rood rack and still has the original mounts sitting around??? I am told these are important facts:

• My manufacture date is 2/2002
  • The factory roof racks during this era appear to have been installed at the “port of entry”
  • Local Toyota/Lexus/local body shops/Toyota Parts Direct cannot find the part that fits – Toyota part 63489-60070 is NOT it.
  • The footing and therefore roof cushion, is smaller than what is on later 2002s and up to the 2007 Series 100 models.
  • At this point I am looking for up to 4 since they seem impossible to find – mine have simply begun to dry rot from summer sun over time.

Roof Rack cushion - 2.jpg

Roof Rack cushion - 1.jpg

Roof Rack part that does NOT work.jpeg

Roof Rack diagram.png

I ended up finding an entire roof rack for sale off a late 2001 model. I then took the feet/bumpers off that I needed and kept the rest just in case. It all worked out but took a lot of hustle. Good luck on your end.

Just out of curiosity, did you just buy this LX470? And if so, was it in San Diego? I saw one for sale a while ago that color with that piece broken...

Deleted

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have some available. Off my 98. Driver Front, Driver Rear and Passenger Rear. Will sell for $10 each plus shipping.

If these are from a 3 leg rack, I’m interested. Will send you a pm

So it looks like the 3 bottom pieces that I received do not fit my 2000 lx rack. I can take pics if anyone is interested.

hey y'all.... I figured I try this thread out. I'm looking for a cover for my 2000 LX470... Below is a pic of the PS but I'm looking for the DS.

You guys seemed to have bought too much to get specific parts so I figured I'd see if you still had one of these.

I'm looking for a
070B6907-D5FA-4049-BD9D-66E34572CD6E_1_105_c.jpeg
F72C25B6-1806-43ED-905D-EE2B738D1E69_1_105_c.jpeg
0FFAA987-8438-47DF-8A1F-C544A5443389_1_105_c.jpeg

So it looks like the 3 bottom pieces that I received do not fit my 2000 lx rack. I can take pics if anyone is interested.

Interested. Kindly pm me pics

late to the game, but looking for the sill pad for 2002 lx470 and unable to find them out there... any advice on other ideas or next steps? I took the ones off that came w/ the truck due to sun damage but can't find the sill pads

We're talking about the "cap" to cover the bolts right? What is the reason for you guys to replace it? Was it broken or just not looking nice?

Cosmetics could be easily handled with a plastic primer and a rattle can, can't it?! When I bought my LC a few weeks back all parts of the roof rack were surface damaged by the sun and in case I wouldn't have ordered my Dissent I would just take it off and raptor-line it...

If it's about water damage, then this is not the only part participating in sealing function.

Whatever: if you mean the "caps" I found the on ebay...?!

terrible cracking at the bumper/cushion to the point of water intrusion. damaged beyond repair and i really don't want to buy a whole new foot/mount/sill kit if i only need to replace the bumper pad

EDIT: I just took a look out there and i suppose i don't NEED it but it the bumper would protect the paint (not that it's great) and likely provides protection from water, it appears to be more aesthetic than functional. I guess i can test with the bolts and as long as the boot sits flush on the top of the roof i might just end up removing the sill pads and go without it

Last edited:
terrible cracking at the bumper/cushion to the point of water intrusion. damaged beyond repair and i really don't want to buy a whole new foot/mount/sill kit if i only need to replace the bumper pad

EDIT: I just took a look out there and i suppose i don't NEED it but it the bumper would protect the paint (not that it's great) and likely provides protection from water, it appears to be more aesthetic than functional. I guess i can test with the bolts and as long as the boot sits flush on the top of the roof i might just end up removing the sill pads and go without it
I'm trying to remember back to when I removed my rack, you're talking about the piece between the rack and roof right ? Was it rubber ?

if the part just acts as a buffer between roof and rack for protection, go to Ace Hardware or Amazon and order some rubber . You can cut a little piece and cut the bolt holes out ...... Also I've had luck at local residential glass / window shops , they sell 'setting blocks ' which are nice thick little bits of rubber.

Just some ideas that may work idk

I'm trying to remember back to when I removed my rack, you're talking about the piece between the rack and roof right ? Was it rubber ?

if the part just acts as a buffer between roof and rack for protection, go to Ace Hardware or Amazon and order some rubber . You can cut a little piece and cut the bolt holes out ...... Also I've had luck at local residential glass / window shops , they sell 'setting blocks ' which are nice thick little bits of rubber.

Just some ideas that may work idk
good ideas - i think i'm going to keep the bumper and trim off the 'skirt' around the permiter, keeping the interior structure. i'll show pics when i get to it this weekend or next

good ideas - i think i'm going to keep the bumper and trim off the 'skirt' around the permiter, keeping the interior structure. i'll show pics when i get to it this weekend or next
Why are you removing the rack anyway, you mentioned water leaking ? What's your plan to reseal the bolts? I don't think that rubber pad has any function for waterproofing.

Sorry if I missed something, on my cell and not looking too close

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom