June 20th Green Trail Club Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Battled with the rear long intake bolt for close to an hour before finally getting a good enough grip on it to get it to release. Got all of the exhaust mani studs loose too, so that is a huge concern dodged. Couldn't break the y-pipe nuts or studs loose with the 3/8" impact, so waiting on a proper sized extension for the 1/2" drive. Good excuse to pause for a day.

The new oil pump cover bolts showed up today from Wit's End, so I guess closing that up and getting the balancer back on will be next. I've spent some hours tracking down part numbers for every hose and bolt I've removed so I can order new ones. It is hella tedious ... man I miss @Onur.

Mentally preparing for the parade of broken clips to begin.
20200605_130217[1].jpg

Just a bit of residue from the blow-by
20200605_130240[1].jpg

20200605_130236[1].jpg

20200605_130217[1].jpg

20200605_130240[1].jpg

20200605_130236[1].jpg

Looks too familiar 👍

I'm still a go, with much anticipated trip.
Last night I learned my truck can do more things:

A coworker of mine let me hook up his trailer to see if it would talk to the truck since I've read reviews that the OEM controller can be a pain, but it does!
So I asked if I could borrow it and he said "sure, not gonna need it anytime soon" So it came home with me:

This week I'm going to get a weight distribution hitch and then load the 4Runner and see if I'm comfortable driving all the way up with it. Which I think I'll be if I can do a 12 hour round trip hauling a truck or two...

For now though, I'm really particular about keeping things secure that I don't own so the 4Runner is on gaurd duty till then:

I spy an SC400/300/Aristo over yonder. Is this Andy's? @jamarquardt22 ?

Oh btw I'm still in for the 20th.

I spy an SC400/300/Aristo over yonder. Is this Andy's? @jamarquardt22 ?

Oh btw I'm still in for the 20th.

You got the car, SC, it is a SC400 with the V8 that I've been slowly fixing to try and drive (long story).

It's not Andy's it's mine but shares the same engine he'll be putting in!

Awesome! I'll go through the thread and make a list!

Last edited:
You got the car, SC, it is a SC400 with the V8 that I've been slowly fixing to try and drive (long story).

It's not Andy's it's mine but shares the same engine he'll be putting in!

Awesome! I'll go through the thread and make a list!

Nice. I made a mistake on the Aristo which is the GS400, which I think had the same V8 or Supra Motor.

I'm in ... not sure about my +1. He's got clearance to see his girlfriend now and at 17 that is top priority.

I Might make it.

Not bringing a wheeler, but will bounce around.

I’m iffy now. Tried to wire my license plate lights yesterday, and I now inexplicably have no headlights - and they won’t come back even if I unhook any of the wiring I just did.

Weirdly, I have high beams, just no low beams...

All fuses are intact, I’m getting voltage (at least at the license plate light). Side markers are all working. I’ve got 3 grounds at the rear harness and one off each turn signal up front, so I doubt it’s a ground issue. Still no power to the LED plate light no matter which “direction” I wire it.

I’ll need to start checking voltage at the headlights and working backward. I’ve got an IPF harness and H4 headlights through relays. Never had an issue before so I’m really at a loss...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom