Builds 2019 GXOR 460 HB build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, just ordered this bumper and the CBI skids.....man that was pricey. Looks like it wont get delivered until June 1st though. I do have plans to go visit 4X4labs for a possible rear bumper build (they havent done the 460 yet), that may happen in April.

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 11.00.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 10.59.08 PM.png

Well, just ordered this bumper and the CBI skids.....man that was pricey. Looks like it wont get delivered until June 1st though. I do have plans to go visit 4X4labs for a possible rear bumper build (they havent done the 460 yet), that may happen in April.

View attachment 2210574

View attachment 2210575

Yea the skid plate price was a shocker. Congrats on the order! I think a lot of us are still on the fence.

I really like the integrated look, but my only concern is not having protection on the corners.

I really like the integrated look, but my only concern is not having protection on the corners.

Agree, definitely not as much protection. I was leaning towards arb/ironman, but don't like the idea of how much weight/bulk there is with those. I was also thinking about going with 4X4labs for both front/rear, but I liked the look of this bumper too much so just went with it. I really love 4X4labs rear bumpers, I think they are amazing quality. Hoping the weight savings with this is decent, still waiting to hear back on actual weight. I basically just wanted more clearance and some additional protection.

Last edited:
Agree, definitely not as much protection. I was leaning towards arb/ironman, but don't like the idea of how much weight there is with those. I was also thinking about going with 4X4labs for both front/rear, but I liked the look of this bumper too much so just went with it. I really love 4X4labs rear bumpers, I think they are amazing quality. Hoping the weight savings with this is decent, still waiting to hear back on actual weight. I basically just wanted more clearance and some additional protection.

I have high hopes for the 4x4 Labs rear as well, but I might have to bite the bullet and get the Kaymar before too long.

Installed a Ram mount with a magnetic phone charger attachment. Finally found a good magnetic charger that is of high quality and will hold. Just wanted to avoid any kind of clamp mount. Still need to test it to see how this is with vibrations etc with the 2 short arms vs one. Nice thing is the track has room to mount other accessories if I need to. I've tested all sorts of ways of doing this, vent mounts, CD slot mount, window suction cup, left side near handle mount (hated the view blocking), etc. Didn't like the location of those and this seems to give me a lot more flexibility on placement.

IMG_4709.jpg

IMG_4708.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

Last edited:
Installed a Ram mount with a magnetic phone charger attachment. Finally found a good magnetic charger that is of high quality and will hold. Just wanted to avoid any kind of clamp mount. Still need to test it to see how this is with vibrations etc with the 2 short arms vs one. Nice thing is the track has room to mount other accessories if I need to. I've tested all sorts of ways of doing this, vent mounts, CD slot mount, window suction cup, left side near handle mount (hated the view blocking), etc. Didn't like the location of those and this seems to give me a lot more flexibility on placement.

View attachment 2226251

View attachment 2226252

View attachment 2226303

View attachment 2226304

View attachment 2226305

I was looking at those t-slot mounts on Tundra's, 4Runner's, etc. and wondering how I could mount one exactly where you put yours. Did you use an adhesive or did you find a way to access underneath and bolt it down? How stable is it?

I was looking at those t-slot mounts on Tundra's, 4Runner's, etc. and wondering how I could mount one exactly where you put yours. Did you use an adhesive or did you find a way to access underneath and bolt it down? How stable is it?

I used 3M 5952 VHB Tape. Seems extremely strong for this application, we'll see. I copied another member in the landcruiser section. Post your phone mount recommendations - 200-series

Nice! What's the part number for the mount and where did you buy yours?

Here's a list of what I ordered.

From rammount.com:

RAP-B-354U-TRA1 RAM 1" TRACK BALL WITH T-BOLT ATTACHMENT
RAM-TRACK-EXA-5BU UNPKD 5" BLACK EXTRUDED ALUM TRACK W/ END CAPS (they have other lengths too)
RAM-B-230U UNPKD RAM DOUBLE 1" BALL ADAPTER (not needed if you just order one longer arm)

From amazon:
RAM Composite Double Socket Arm (I ordered 2 2.42" ones and 1 3.73" one -- I think I'll end up just using the longer one)
ARKON 25mm Ball to 17mm Ball Adapter (for magnetic mount)
3M Scotch 5952 VHB Tape: 1 in. x 15 ft. (Black)

Phone charger info:
MagEZ Mount Qi
MagEZ Case Pro for iPhone X

Just got a delivery -- Warn winch w/accessories. CBI stealth bumper was just delivered to the shop today, so will be having that installed in a couple weeks. Along with that, I have two Baja Designs lightbars coming that will be installed -- one with a new wind fairing cut out, and the other one will be mounted above the bumper. Last, having a BMC installed as there is some rub with the bigger tires. Also trying to coordinate with 4X4labs for a rear bumper w/carrier install, but they have been hard to schedule with.

IMG_0156.jpg

Just got a delivery -- Warn winch w/accessories. CBI stealth bumper was just delivered to the shop today, so will be having that installed in a couple weeks. Along with that, I have two Baja Designs lightbars coming that will be installed -- one with a new wind fairing cut out, and the other one will be mounted above the bumper. Last, having a BMC installed as there is some rub with the bigger tires. Also trying to coordinate with 4X4labs for a rear bumper w/carrier install, but they have been hard to schedule with.

View attachment 2330846

So does Luke officially have a GX460 rear bumper now?

Nope, not yet. I was going to let him use my vehicle to build one, but havent been able to get hold of him for a few weeks now. I was to schedule with him back in April.

If its a good design he'll have orders backed up for it!

Yea I have been holding out to see what he comes up with along with C4.

Yea I have been holding out to see what he comes up with along with C4.

Maybe if more people reach out to him to show there's interest. I don't mind being the guinea pig vehicle and have the flexibility to take my vehicle to where he's located. I was going back and forth with him to schedule before Covid 19 and now he's been dark for the last 2 months.

Maybe if more people reach out to him to show there's interest. I don't mind being the guinea pig vehicle and have the flexibility to take my vehicle to where he's located. I was going back and forth with him to schedule before Covid 19 and now he's been dark for the last 2 months.

I have emailed him twice since February and that was the last time he responded. I have yet to get a reply on my last email that I sent early last month.

It's a race for these companies now, with victory 4x4 having said they are planning the rear soon as well. I feel there are so many people waiting for this piece. I bet the first to market will get a sizeable order

It's a race for these companies now, with victory 4x4 having said they are planning the rear soon as well. I feel there are so many people waiting for this piece. I bet the first to market will get a sizeable order
I was just thinking that a "... sizeable order..." being all of about 10 or 15 units! Considering how small our community is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom