Random chit chat thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wonder if you could take an Rav and drop it on a true 4WD drivetrain...

Avi it is now your job to build a solid axle, triple locked RAV4 on 37’s. I want to see it on the trail when quarantine is over.
Fred and Dave beet you to it.
MV5BOTk1MDdkNjAtYjM0My00YjYxLTk4NzEtYTU3ODJlOTM1NmFkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_.jpg

For those that don't know, Fred grew up in Middletown. I know his parents from church and connect with him every now and then when he is in town.

Fred is down to earth - pretty much what you see in the videos is what you get in real life. His father, Tom, is an absolute hoot. There is a DED video of Fred taking his mother fourwheeling for Mother's Day too.

Downside is that I usually don't have much notice of when he'll be in town to actually coordinate something.

Fred, his mother, Diane and me, and his father standing in front of "Tubesock" (his Cummins R2.8 powered Jeep) a couple years ago when he was out.

Williams Visit.png

Need some help:
Good morning guys. Have not been on Mud in a while but have been staying in the loop via Gary.
I am trying to locate the guy that I sold my '97 Antique Sage Pearl FZJ80 to about 1.5 years ago. He lives somewhere in the Denver PA area also owns a built black FJ Cruiser and we only talked via text and I lost his contact info when I got a new phone. I have some stuff for the rig I found in a cleanout, keys, key fob etc. If anyone see this rig please give my email to him; crawlin40@hotmail.com
Thanks, Matt

I’m posting in this thread because right now this is just random chit chat for me. I’ve been watching and thinking about this 40 since Rob first posted it. There is a lot to like about it. My question is how much do y’all estimate it would cost to have the rusted sections repaired with metal and a decent high quality driver level paint job. ( not show car level or high end ) I’d want to drive and enjoy it after it’s finished, not keep it in the garage and wipe it with a diaper. Anyone want to throw out some $ ranges? Thanks

Last edited:
i see a few things that stand out to me ,and i dont feel like crapping in the op.

looks like the front spring hangers are bolted to the frame, they may also be welded, but i cant see that, what i do see is the bolts.
one picture, that i can't tell for certain which corner it is, but looks the the pas side rear spring hanger, has a air gap on the front end of the hanger between it and the frame rail. now that picture is labled as repairing some rust on the frame, so it may be an in process pix, but i cant tell for sure.

those late model 40s have a sheet metal gauge thickness that makes alum foil look thick.
it doesnt present terrible in the pictures, but an indepth look see would be in order if rust is a major concern.

Last Wednesday we took a day trip down to the beach to see how things were. And it was dead, like Christmas Day had nothing on how it looks like down in Rehobeth right now. Outlets empty, most stores are still closed along the Avenue, and only one location for the chains that have multiple spots are open. @Cass007 even Dogfish head was closed. So couldn't look for your beer!

Masks required on the boardwalk, strongly recommended but not necessary on the beach itself. Again both were practically bare, I swear Christmas sees more action.

Anyway to the picture of the story. It's hard to see because I was laughing hysterically at the site, but every time we pulled up to a light, this German Shepherd would stick his head out of the sunroof and look around. The vehicle is a 16+ Tundra CrewMax, the only thing I can think is he must have sat on the center console to make that possible lol.

I told my mother about 3 weeks ago that I had been looking for a freezer of some sort to start stocking up on meat and ice cream and such to have on hand. Well last week she found one, a stand up freezer unit, well actually it can be a fridge or freezer. That finally arrived Tuesday and is set up in the basement waiting for my lazy but yo start moving things from upstairs down lol! I kind of want another one as a fridge for extra drinks and such. It's 13.8 cu. Ft. Which is more then we need but I'll take it since it's all that we could find!

Lastly, today for the first time in over 10 years, I paid someone else to do an oil change and tire rotation on a vehicle I own! The Tundra got spoiled and I took it too the dealer for it's 30k service (arrived at 30,002 lol). And I have to admit it was a fantastic feeling, I didn't have to crawl on the ground and pull the skid plate to get to the oil filter, didn't have to take a mess. Didn't have to work with my crappy jack and get the truck to where I could rotate tires. I just sat in the waiting room and slept for an hour till it was ready to go!

Last Wednesday we took a day trip down to the beach to see how things were. And it was dead, like Christmas Day had nothing on how it looks like down in Rehobeth right now. Outlets empty, most stores are still closed along the Avenue, and only one location for the chains that have multiple spots are open. @Cass007 even Dogfish head was closed. So couldn't look for your beer!

Masks required on the boardwalk, strongly recommended but not necessary on the beach itself. Again both were practically bare, I swear Christmas sees more action.

Anyway to the picture of the story. It's hard to see because I was laughing hysterically at the site, but every time we pulled up to a light, this German Shepherd would stick his head out of the sunroof and look around. The vehicle is a 16+ Tundra CrewMax, the only thing I can think is he must have sat on the center console to make that possible lol.

I told my mother about 3 weeks ago that I had been looking for a freezer of some sort to start stocking up on meat and ice cream and such to have on hand. Well last week she found one, a stand up freezer unit, well actually it can be a fridge or freezer. That finally arrived Tuesday and is set up in the basement waiting for my lazy but yo start moving things from upstairs down lol! I kind of want another one as a fridge for extra drinks and such. It's 13.8 cu. Ft. Which is more then we need but I'll take it since it's all that we could find!

Lastly, today for the first time in over 10 years, I paid someone else to do an oil change and tire rotation on a vehicle I own! The Tundra got spoiled and I took it too the dealer for it's 30k service (arrived at 30,002 lol). And I have to admit it was a fantastic feeling, I didn't have to crawl on the ground and pull the skid plate to get to the oil filter, didn't have to take a mess. Didn't have to work with my crappy jack and get the truck to where I could rotate tires. I just sat in the waiting room and slept for an hour till it was ready to go!

On freezers - I had wanted one of these too - they are so helpful! Luckily my brother has a bunch of rentals/flips houses as a side gig, and came across one about that size (maybe a little smaller) in one of his renovations. The thing was probably built in the 80's - sounds like a WWII bomber when the compressor kicks on (I can actually hear it in my garage through the walls of my house) - but it adds a ton of storage capacity!

Woke up to phone calls and texts from work. Seems there may have been a tornado or very high winds in East York last night. Went in to the store right away and one phase of the 3-phase power is out, so none of the large equipment can run (oven, toaster, mixer, walk-in or freezer). Hoping it gets back up and running soon, Met-Ed says before 6pm, but hope it doesn't take that long.

I only live ~10 miles away and we had a small breeze and light rain. It must have been very localized. Trees and limbs down everywhere.

We got totally hammered here in Chester County. Lost a few large trees on our property, luckily, not near any structures. Trees down everywhere, some of them very large. It's a mess.

My shop is in Phoenixville, and most of the town has no power, multiple streets closed due to downed trees.

A few blocks away this GMC Envoy got crushed by a tree. This is not a car, it's an SUV! The crown of the same tree landed on a BMW, totaling it.

1591298517734.png

Greg - y’all have power? We lost ours at Noon Wednesday and not scheduled to come back until Fri at 11pm. SUCKS!!!

Greg - y’all have power? We lost ours at Noon Wednesday and not scheduled to come back until Fri at 11pm. SUCKS!!!

Yes. It’s unheard of. Usually, if gnat farts anywhere near our house, we lose power.

we lost it briefly, backup generator kicked in for ten minutes, and then back to living on the grid!

@Cass007 off topic a little, years ago we had a isolated snow storm. I got 8" of snow and less then 3 miles away got a dusting.

Got back up and running at 6pm last night. Storm snapped a tree that in turn snapped a power line. Just glad everything held temp and nothing burned up.

Want!
Want!
Want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom