Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

**HIHX UPDATE**

So we’re in a pretty tough spot here. Colorado’s latest public health order still has a maximum gathering restriction of 10 people and we have 388 people registered. We’ve weighed a ton of options and came to the realization that a traditional 100s in the Hills simply couldn’t happen this year.

We’re a different event. Staying apart isn’t what we do. We shake hands and hug and high five. We sit and eat dinner too close together and we stand around a campfire next to each other talking and laughing late into the evening. Our kids play and run around together. And let’s be honest, most of us haven’t showered in a few days either. Health and safety is our number one priority and the logistics of working around the state and local restrictions proved to be impossible.

We are officially postponing HIHX until July 27 – August 1st 2021.

-Everyone will receive a refund within the next 3-4 days. (minus the PayPal and Eventbrite transfer fees. Approx. $15)

-Your spot for HIHX 2021 is secure. We will have a private registration for next year’s event that will open prior to regular registration and will give you the first opportunity to confirm your spot. Any leftover spots will be available to those not registered for this year’s event.

-You will also receive an email shortly explaining more details

Not being able to get together in the traditional sense completely changes our summer vacation plans, but it won’t stop us from getting out and enjoying some trails together. Here’s the plan…

HIH2020 - The VirtuALL Escape

HIH2020 will be the first virtual-gathering offroad event that we know of. Your vacation plans have already been made so you might as well get out and enjoy some trail time in your local area, far from home, or even in the mountains of Colorado. We’re calling this event - HIH 2020 The VirtuALL Escape. It’s open to everyone and will take place during July 22 – August 22 2020. A month-long virtual event that we will all participate in either from our home area or out and about throughout the country. There will undoubtedly be mini groups that get together and run trails. Chris and I plan to be in the mountains around Silverton for most of the first week of the event. We’re considering a virtual scavenger hunt with challenges for everyone that can be featured on social media. We have some great ideas that should keep this fun for everyone. There is obviously no cost and no registration, we just want everyone to get out and learn a new area on their own.

We have partnered with Cruiser Gear for a HIH 2020 VirtuALL Escape t-shirt that we are super excited about. Everyone knows the deal, HIH isn’t a money making event and we are keeping the shirt somewhat limited because we didn’t have the money to create and purchase a large quantity of t-shirts without knowing how many might sell. Having a cool shirt available will also help us cover the costs for this year’s event that were not refundable to us. We keep a small amount of leftover money each year to cover website costs and pay for our insurance, permitting and general costs. We tried to create a shirt that folks would want to have and we’ve chosen the highest quality shirts and worked with Cruiser Gear to come up with a great design that represents what we’re attempting to do. We hope you’ll like it. We'll make an announcement as soon as the shirt is live on Cruiser Gear's website. (very soon)

Expect more info to come shortly. We wanted to get the initial information out as soon as we could. We have some cool ideas for the VirtuALL event and expect folks to enjoy the challenges. It is what it is and as much as we’d like to all be together in Silverton, it just isn’t possible this year. We hope to see you out and about, we hope to see your local area and we truly hope that you’ll purchase a shirt and participate in the HIH 2020 VirtuALL Escape with us. We will be back and better than ever next year for the HIHX celebration. Stay tuned on here, on our website and on social media.

Instagram: @100sintheHills
Facebook : 100s in the Hills

Thanks guys, we appreciate you as much as ever. See you in July 2021!!!!

Thanks for the update and your hard work! I'm sure this was stressful. See everyone next summer!

**HIHX UPDATE**

So we’re in a pretty tough spot here. Colorado’s latest public health order still has a maximum gathering restriction of 10 people and we have 388 people registered. We’ve weighed a ton of options and came to the realization that a traditional 100s in the Hills simply couldn’t happen this year.

We’re a different event. Staying apart isn’t what we do. We shake hands and hug and high five. We sit and eat dinner too close together and we stand around a campfire next to each other talking and laughing late into the evening. Our kids play and run around together. And let’s be honest, most of us haven’t showered in a few days either. Health and safety is our number one priority and the logistics of working around the state and local restrictions proved to be impossible.

We are officially postponing HIHX until July 27 – August 1st 2021.

-Everyone will receive a refund within the next 3-4 days. (minus the PayPal and Eventbrite transfer fees. Approx. $15)

-Your spot for HIHX 2021 is secure. We will have a private registration for next year’s event that will open prior to regular registration and will give you the first opportunity to confirm your spot. Any leftover spots will be available to those not registered for this year’s event.

-You will also receive an email shortly explaining more details

Not being able to get together in the traditional sense completely changes our summer vacation plans, but it won’t stop us from getting out and enjoying some trails together. Here’s the plan…

HIH2020 - The VirtuALL Escape

HIH2020 will be the first virtual-gathering offroad event that we know of. Your vacation plans have already been made so you might as well get out and enjoy some trail time in your local area, far from home, or even in the mountains of Colorado. We’re calling this event - HIH 2020 The VirtuALL Escape. It’s open to everyone and will take place during July 22 – August 22 2020. A month-long virtual event that we will all participate in either from our home area or out and about throughout the country. There will undoubtedly be mini groups that get together and run trails. Chris and I plan to be in the mountains around Silverton for most of the first week of the event. We’re considering a virtual scavenger hunt with challenges for everyone that can be featured on social media. We have some great ideas that should keep this fun for everyone. There is obviously no cost and no registration, we just want everyone to get out and learn a new area on their own.

We have partnered with Cruiser Gear for a HIH 2020 VirtuALL Escape t-shirt that we are super excited about. Everyone knows the deal, HIH isn’t a money making event and we are keeping the shirt somewhat limited because we didn’t have the money to create and purchase a large quantity of t-shirts without knowing how many might sell. Having a cool shirt available will also help us cover the costs for this year’s event that were not refundable to us. We keep a small amount of leftover money each year to cover website costs and pay for our insurance, permitting and general costs. We tried to create a shirt that folks would want to have and we’ve chosen the highest quality shirts and worked with Cruiser Gear to come up with a great design that represents what we’re attempting to do. We hope you’ll like it. We'll make an announcement as soon as the shirt is live on Cruiser Gear's website. (very soon)

Expect more info to come shortly. We wanted to get the initial information out as soon as we could. We have some cool ideas for the VirtuALL event and expect folks to enjoy the challenges. It is what it is and as much as we’d like to all be together in Silverton, it just isn’t possible this year. We hope to see you out and about, we hope to see your local area and we truly hope that you’ll purchase a shirt and participate in the HIH 2020 VirtuALL Escape with us. We will be back and better than ever next year for the HIHX celebration. Stay tuned on here, on our website and on social media.

Instagram: @100sintheHills
Facebook : 100s in the Hills
Thanks Stan. I know you and Chris have done everything possible to make the event happen. I know this must be tough. While I’m bummed about the event being cancelled I’m excited about the virtual event! It’s awesome that y’all have came up with this!
I will be heading west to Silverton anyways. I hope to see you and Chris while I’m out!
Thanks again!

Well that is a super huge bummer... I want to thank both Chris and Stan for taking the time to get the event to the point that it is. I can only imagine how tough it is to put all of this time into the event only to need to make the decision to cancel. I also really appreciate all of the effort that went into figuring out ANY way that this could happen. I know that if there was any way possible, you both would have found it. I look forward to joining next year. I also look forward to seeing the great things the VirtuALL Escape offers!

Stan, you might do what Cruise Moab did and offer the option to entrants to donate part of their refund to cover costs. When CM was canceled, many people opted to help out with an additional donation to help to cover costs. I certainly don't want you or the event to shoulder those costs and I would appreciate the opportunity to put some of my refund towards covering these costs.

Maybe we get a different thread going or use this one about everyone's plan B trips this summer so a few of us can meet up and have some fun? I'll be in Ouray/Silverton running trails July 27-31st if anyone will be in the area!

Of course we're disappointed, that our first HIH is cancelled/postponed, but we do fully understand why, and we're definitely looking forward to the 2021 event.

Now my family needs to make a tough decision. A solo week in an already booked Silverton hotel, and get the lay of the land for next year, or stay a little closer to home and play around in the Texas Hill Country for 1.5-2 weeks. 🤔

Of course we're disappointed, that our first HIH is cancelled/postponed, but we do fully understand why, and we're definitely looking forward to the 2021 event.

Now my family needs to make a tough decision. A solo week in an already booked Silverton hotel, and get the lay of the land for next year, or stay a little closer to home and play around in the Texas Hill Country for 1.5-2 weeks. 🤔
I vote Silverton. There will be plenty of us out there.

Silverton! They need the money and like @ga12r1 said I don't think there will be a shortage of good people to get the trails with.

My guess is that many people will be making it out to Silverton even with the postponement of HIH. It is just a matter of making sure to comply with keeping the numbers in the groups in line with state guidelines. I already had trips to the San Juans planned beyond just going to HIH this year.

I vote Silverton. There will be plenty of us out there.

So I should probably finish those radio installs, that I'm not supposed to talk about in this thread :) . Just in case, by some random chance, I can accidently follow some of my other hard headed faceless Internet friends, that just happen to be in the Silverton area, at the same time, on random dirt trails :D

I think I can get the kid to buy into that!

Thanks fellas, appreciate all the time and effort that you put into HIH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom