Official color code thread (need pics) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like this color, not sure if it's the 854 Sky Blue, from what I can see from one sample chip taken from paintrep.com looks much darker. What's your take on the light blue on the FJ40 pic. Thanks!

My 1976 Sky blue found under a good layer of bed-liner...Your sample looks a little darker. But could be a "digital color translation" issue..
photo(54).JPG

I am seriously looking at grey for my fj-45. I have attached a photo of the color I think I want. I was thinking it was close to Heath Grey. But looking at Ambrew's build thread his Heath Grey looks to have some green or beige in it. What color do you think the picture is? I have contacted Redline Cruisers, but they have not replied. Anyone?

81 bj42 build..... trusty rusty is thename of Ambrew's thread.

grey and black fj45.jpg

Pablo, how did the 142 silver work for you? Is it close to the original 1434 gray metallic. I am getting closer to needing to pait trim parts for my 1977 FJ55 (originally a one color pig) painted back to 854 blue

Last edited:
Pablo, how did the 142 silver work for you? Is it close to the original 1434 gray metallic. I am getting closer to needing to pait trim parts for my 1977 FJ55 (originally a one color pig) painted back to 854 blue

You have a '77 Pig? C'mon over to the Iron Pig section!

I hope to get up to the painter's place and see the 40 soon. I will try to get a pic of the 142 compared to a factory bumper I ordered for the 40 and post up pics...

I think I have been there in the past. I might have posted something a long time ago when I was trying to figure out why my pig was single color. I have since found several other Sep-Oct 1976 builds that are solid color also.

went and looked back, we spoke back in 2010 when I first posted pics and info on post #146 on the FJ-55 Registry page

I need help identifying my color. We've got a 73 FJ40, and I'm trying to decide if it's Rustic Green or Deep Green (also still confused what Judson Green is, it seems pretty rare). We did find the info plate and carefully removed the rust, unfortunately everything on it was legible except the all-important bottom line which includes the paint code. It was completely pitted and rusted out. We want to do a bit of touch up work right now, and eventually do the frame off restoration and repaint the whole thing. The outside paint is pretty faded so I've included a few pics of the inside of the door which seems to be in the best condition. Also took some in the shade and some in direct sunlight. Thanks for the help!

PC162326.JPG

PC162327.JPG

PC162328.JPG
PC162329.JPG

PC162331.JPG

I need help identifying my color. We've got a 73 FJ40, and I'm trying to decide if it's Rustic Green or Deep Green (also still confused what Judson Green is, it seems pretty rare). We did find the info plate and carefully removed the rust, unfortunately everything on it was legible except the all-important bottom line which includes the paint code. It was completely pitted and rusted out. We want to do a bit of touch up work right now, and eventually do the frame off restoration and repaint the whole thing. The outside paint is pretty faded so I've included a few pics of the inside of the door which seems to be in the best condition. Also took some in the shade and some in direct sunlight. Thanks for the help!

T621 - Rustic Green

I upgraded to Windows 10 and found out my perfectly working scanner is no longer supported so crappy cell phone pics until I can buy a new scanner...

The colors are horrible in these pics... Rustic Green T621 has that blueish tint that yours has. Judsen green was a lot earlier and I have only seen a few Fashion greens in the US. Nebula and Heath were the FJ55 colors so I don't believe they ever offered the 40s in those (T621 was an FJ55 color in 1975 though).

1974 Toyota

IMG_3483.jpg

1973 Toyota
IMG_3485.jpg
IMG_3484.jpg

1971 Toyota
IMG_3486.jpg

Last edited:
Found one I scanned before the Windows10 upgrade...

1971 Toyota
Save0280.jpg

1975 Toyota
IMG_3487.jpg

Last edited:
Any idea what colour code is for white roof that goes with the 1974 fj45 nebula green ?? Also colour for wheels sane yr and modle

I know there are lots of websites that have color code info but none of them seem to be complete. The one on Birfield is close but no pics of the rigs. The one on CCOT has pics but isn't complete.

Post up pics of near stock/factory looking Cruisers in each example. Razor has some great examples I know. We need FJ25s, FJ40s, all the FJ45s, FJ55s, anf FJ60s. There is a great thread on the 80s, 100s already.

http://www.off-road.com/tlc/faq/colour.html
Cruiser Color Codes
http://www.birfield.com/modules.php?name=TLCFAQ&p=/~ramullen/FAQ/TEXT/13-00.html

I'll arrange them and post it on my website.

Example would be FJ40 - Dune Beige - Code 416, '71-'80 (so we need a stock pic of a dune beige FJ40 in that year range).

Trying to settle on a beige and a green for my FJ28 resto. Thought I’d ask here as I have found colors I like but need to confirm the code. This Green is from @thecrazygreek post 421 in this thread. Did we confirm if this is nebula?
1591196678453.png

Also trying to pick a beige that doesn’t have any yellow in it. I like the one FJ Co used for their FJ25 resto, is this Coronado beige T451? Or dune beige?
1591196774723.png

Last edited:
Trying to settle on a beige and a green for my FJ28 resto. Thought I’d ask here as I have found colors I like but need to confirm the code. This Green is from @thecrazygreek post 421 in this thread. Did we confirm if this is nebula?
View attachment 2328408
Also trying to pick a beige that doesn’t have any yellow in it. I like the one FJ Co used for their FJ25 resto, is this Coronado beige T451?
View attachment 2328409

That was t303 fashion green.

Loved it!

I have a question on Yellow as well. While my 40 has been repainted (poorly) at some point I do believe that by looking the harder to paint sections it looks to be the original color. Yellow 532 is my best guess. Thoughts? (Is it Mustard Yellow?)

Looks more like Lemon Yellow or Sunny Yellow.

BJ40 Dash.jpg

BJ40 Front.jpg

Home.jpg

Last edited:
I know that it exists out there... I've seen pics of others in the wild.

Yellow BJ40.png

I have a question on Yellow as well. While my 40 has been repainted (poorly) at some point I do believe that by looking the harder to paint sections it looks to be the original color. Yellow 532 is my best guess. Thoughts? (Is it Mustard Yellow?)

Looks more like Lemon Yellow or Sunny Yellow.

View attachment 2395371

View attachment 2395372

View attachment 2395373

That's a bastard vehicle. It has 75-up front turn lamps and 74-prior hood, windshield frame and doors.

@cruiserdan - does the fact that it comes from ROW (Costa Rica) change its bastard status any?

It's a 75 BJ40, at least to the best of my knowledge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom