FJ60 LS conversion and trail tailor coil conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I've been working on a lot of thinks. I had to made a bracket for steering stabilize that had to move over 4"on the frame to us stock stabilize. Welded up the exhaust its awfully close on passenger side but came out nice. Before putting in the exhaust I made a heat shield for the floor board. I ran new fuel lines and mounted fuel pump, installed heater hoses, power steering hoses. I've ordered wiring harness a few week ago from Mosley motors so I hopefully get it running in the next couple weeks then I can start putting the front clip back on.

IMG_3578.jpg

IMG_3579.jpg

IMG_3641 (1).jpg

IMG_3607.jpg

IMG_3640 (1).jpg

foam the walls of that poor garage

dry wall soon

I would pass on the drywall and go with 3/4" plywood. It will cost you more but will allow you to screw pretty much anything up on the walls you wish down the line.

I would pass on the drywall and go with 3/4" plywood. It will cost you more but will allow you to screw pretty much anything up on the walls you wish down the line.
Normally you only see drywall in a garage when you need a fire rated wall. Plywood or OSB is much more useful.

It's been a while since I've posted but I have been driving my fj for a week now. I put new 35 on and on the first drive had death wobble from 40 to 45.
I put balance beads in the tires it just didn't feel right so today I went to the tire store and had the beads taken out and had tires balance.
The two front tire needed 10oz on one side the two back only needed 5 so I put the rears on the front now it drives great.
Add new speed hut gauges, twin ARB compressor and third battery for the fridge later.
Reinstalled my drawers system in the back
All I need to do now is finish sanding and a paint job.

IMG_3879.jpg

IMG_3752.jpg

IMG_3751.jpg

IMG_3869.jpg

IMG_3884.jpg

Last edited:
I had to change the front coils from Dobinsons because they where to stiff .I think it was do to the 200 + pounds less on the motor.
I put Icon variable rate 3 in lift for a stock fj80 and they work great it is so much smoother up front.
Trail Tailor has made a rear coil kit how so I probably be going that route.
The ls5.3 is great I have 35 with 4:10 gears and I do 70 up the road that is 6 miles long and 3000' of climbing.
I still mite put 4:88 in

Wouldn't 4.56 be better gearing for 35s? Just curious because I have 4.56 with an H55 and I want to go back to 35s when I need tires (currently on 33s). I'll also be doing an LS swap in the next couple years and was hoping the 4.56 with H55 would work nicely with the new motor.

Wouldn't 4.56 be better gearing for 35s? Just curious because I have 4.56 with an H55 and I want to go back to 35s when I need tires (currently on 33s). I'll also be doing an LS swap in the next couple years and was hoping the 4.56 with H55 would work nicely with the new motor.
4.56 to much gear

So I stared the next stage of the build paint. I had it all put back together and now it's all taken apart. But I have been busy on the fj for a few weeks now.
Here's what I've been up to made a paint booth in the garage. Sanded and primed and painted and cleared hot rod flatz desert storm tan. Did the rope trick on the fixed windows to get paint under the rubber. I'm thinking about paining the top white not sure yet.

IMG_3905.jpg

IMG_3909.jpg

IMG_3953.jpg

IMG_3951.jpg

IMG_3957.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom