Builds 1993 PZJ77 - The Evolution Continues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

By 1990, there was nothing that Toyota did that was arbitrary.

Maybe in 1950, but not by 1990.

I don't want to threadjack John, but I’ve got some genuine thoughts I’d appreciate your input on. I’ll send you a PM.

I have 6.5" in the front doors and 6x9s in the back barn doors. It sounded decent, but started sounding much much better when I added an amp and sub.
I need a smaller box and sub but it’s a pretty good sounding setup.
Personally I wouldn’t ever cut holes for 6x9s. I’d just slap some more 6.5s and a compact selfamped sub for a little more bass at the least.

Alright the truck is off to paint. Should be a fairly quick turn around.

F84FE7B7-C1DA-4A78-93FB-E2F49B7CD2CC.jpeg

I decided at the last minute to add a snorkel and @ca18sean wanted to mock it up before paint. Did not want the extra large Safari Airmax so I ordered the classic Safari Snorkel.

E50BACC5-CA81-4B30-BA5F-DEA7E4319978.jpeg

And here we are all mocked up on the truck. I really like the clean lines of the original Safari model. It looks similar to the OEM snorkel but its actually a one-piece unit.

AE80773D-A7B4-4034-BD36-BB88CEA8E594.jpeg

Lots of good progress on the 77. I always wanted a low range gear set installed on this truck. There just was not enough time to get to that when the truck was at @SNLC shop last year. Got off the phone with @orangefj45 last night and he is sending all the necessary bits and pieces to @ca18sean to tackle that project while the truck is down. Now this 1PZ should spin some RPM’s in low range.

The truck was missing a few interior pieces (most since replaced) but the one that bugged me the most was the rear interior panel. The PO made a homemade panel that was “fine” but we can always do better. I had checked out a few places when I got the truck but no luck. Could not find it to save my life. @Onur has been serving as “Project Manager” for my two 45 builds so I shot him a text to see what he could come up with. A few days later this jewel arrived...

029DBBF7-EDE2-4332-9A73-F45C2E62760C.jpeg

There is literally nothing better than new OEM parts. We are replacing all the exterior badging with new OEM as well but securing the rear panel is clutch.

3EFFF368-3349-4831-87C4-D2B50272F351.jpeg

Tcase parts are ready, case is machined for the Sumo 3:1 low range gears, also sending a Sumo full-spline input gear and rebuild kit.
Parts will ship out Tuesday.

Thanks again John!!!!!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids
Cruiser Brothers & Long Range America
BB71DAF0-CB0A-4BB5-BEE3-9D54E8E8032E.jpeg
45B995E3-46AA-45A7-9374-F05E3323AC15.jpeg

Made some progress on the truck this week. The body shop worked their way through the PO’s body work, filled in some holes and a bit of rust in the right rocker area. We no longer need the factory rear holes for the bumper or the spare tire carrier. I’m going with a Kaymar rear bar in its place.

The truck is pretty well prepped for paint at this point (these photos were taken earlier in the week). Hopefully the truck will get painted by the end of this coming week and start going back together.

C33EB872-F9F4-49CF-AADE-25857851B774.jpeg
A54F2864-03D0-4E0C-95AA-D0FC0DF2CE10.jpeg
AD8B6BE0-B14A-4BCA-97CA-9727A634D0E8.jpeg

Man....this thing had a lot of little dents and dings. The shop was still working on body work at the end of last week. But that is pretty much wrapped up now and I am really glad that we ended up taking it this far. The shop has done a great job of really getting in there and working out some of the previous body work and making sure everything is nice and ready for the respray. The end result should be worth it.

D11208E9-F820-481A-845F-487560676DDB.jpeg

At least you don't have those factory flares. IMO, the 77 looks better without the flares...well any cruiser does.

The progress is looking good. You are going to want to keep it after it is done.

At least you don't have those factory flares. IMO, the 77 looks better without the flares...well any cruiser does.

The progress is looking good. You are going to want to keep it after it is done.
@FJ73Texas yea I actually went back and forth about maybe adding some flares. A few people were putting the peer pressure on me. But I figured if I added the flares then I would have to get some bigger tires to”fill” it out. And the 1PZ just won’t turn much more than I got now......

I vote for factory flares , growing up around 70 series less then 10% back home had flares so I still think these are the finishing touch.

Matt @ Nic give it a few years and the flares might start to grow on you 😉

Definitely flares, but the right offset wheels are hard to find otherwise, spacers are required.

Not factory flares but definitely flares :)

Pretty sure these would fit the rear of a 77.
RWC76SERIES.jpg

@c2dfj45 yea maybe.....I like the look. But flares lead to bigger tires...bigger tires lead to motor swap....and then whatever else that comes along with that. I’ve got 3 major cruiser projects ongoing right now (this is not major so I’m not counting it). I really don’t think I have the mental energy to deal with another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom