H55 discontinued? Surely not what’s the trick (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Called my local dealer ready to warm up my credit card and gave them part number (33030-60450) they said It’s for a hj60 and discontinued! the lady who runs the parts department is really competent.
what gives?

1589837296564.png

Cant say whats up...pops up on toyopartsdeal...could call them to check. Or check with one of the MUD vendors.

I just bought one from a Toyota dealership last weekend. They had it within 24 hours.

I might as well br talking to s door knob if i call the closest dealership near me if they even answer the phone they told me tge thermostat for my 1995 Toyota Tacoma was nla and i gave them the part#

The parts counter reps at most dealers arent reliable sources of information. Contact Cruiser Outfitters or Valley Hybrids if you need parts help and sourcing required parts, they will also tell you about all the other bits and pieces needed too in order to properly do the install.

My next door neighbor was a Toyota parts counter man and a cruiser head for 35yrs. One of the best, get you anything you ask for along with all the stuff you would need and didn’t know about. He passed along a lot of that knowledge to the lady that is there now. But it’s nothing like ole Sam. He would leave the parts in my mailbox on his way home and I would leave him a check in his on my way to work the next morning. Man those were the days!

Last edited:
@Onur posted maybe amonth ago there were 20-30 H-55's in the states or in transit to the states

Last edited:
So apparently years ago sunny king Oxford became a satellite to another dealer and cannot get access to the master. If that makes sense.

kurt, I am curious about shipping, with half a fj60 on one pallet, my cc is gonna catch my wallet on fire!

So apparently years ago sunny king Oxford became a satellite to another dealer and cannot get access to the master. If that makes sense.

kurt, I am curious about shipping, with half a fj60 on one pallet, my cc is gonna catch my wallet on fire!

No tax :D

On that dollar amount, the shipping is likely less $$ than the sales tax would be. I'm not at the shop but I'd guess shipping on both ~$250 to AL.

I looked at the delivered cost through toyotapartsdeal website and the trans was good price but shipping was crazy $500 or more iirc.

Thanks Seth, I was wondering that. I’m gonna call Kurt, heard and read nothing but good smart stuff out of him. Gotta butter him up for that big discount!! Did I mention the wifey is gonna order an ARB front bumper from you for my bday in June . 😏

Instead of trying to find the cheapest price, why don’t you concentrate on the service and expertise you receive from Kurt and his team.

A dealership parts department (as evidenced by you starting this thread) has no clue the necessary bits and pieces needed to convert an H42 to an H55 setup. Is Toyotapartsblahblahblah going to know about the 5th gear Oiler? Are they going to know about the 7 longer bolts you need for certain year trucks to make the conversion? Are they going to assist you with phone support when you are dead in the water and have no clue what you are doing because you missed a part or didn’t get the correct parts?

Make sure to put that in your calculus.

It ain’t about the cheapest price when it comes to making a decision as critical as a 5speed conversion.

Don’t call and ask for a discount or match a price. That’s entitlement and rude.

And I’m not writing this because I’m fanboying Cruiser Outfitters... I’m making this commentary as a concerned Land Cruiser community member.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom