What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took it to the North Georgia mountains to do a little hiking..........but Gubment says; NOOOOOOOOOOO!

IMG_6964.JPG

IMG_6965.JPG

None the less, 5 hours of seat time cruising the back roads with the wife & 40, decompression at it's finest!

IMG_6967.JPG

AC suitcase installed. Radiator support lifted to clear steering box. Defrost vent notched to clear radio.

View attachment 2309932

View attachment 2309933

View attachment 2309934

View attachment 2309935
Nice work! We have some similar components in our builds.

I have a 60 PS box in mine too, but instead of raising for clearance I drilled a few holes and shifted my radiator to the passenger side a bit as I was getting tight for hood clearance.

My LC is also getting an old air system. I wanted to put it in the stock heater location like yours, but my ride is a 69 and I could not get the location to work and still make use of the fresh air intake in the middle of the tub. I opted to install it in place of the full glove box. I am going to have more of a literal glove box now😁 I am still mid install so any pointers you might have are welcomed.

Anyways - really nice Looking LC!

We've had a lot of rain lately. 3.75 inches the other night.......So river's up and the creeks are out of their banks.

Saturday went down to the factory to work and thought the heck with it.....Loaded up a bunch of cold ones, went and grabbed a buddy and we spent the rest of the afternoon driving around crossing creeks. Never thought about videoing except on the paved county road but we crossed some pretty good ones quite a bit deeper than this one. I do need to build a splash guard for the carb to keep water from hitting it when the fan blade comes out of the water, didn't have any problems Saturday but I've had them in the past. Not a fan of the snorkel as I don't want to cut into the sheet metal???? (I guess I could and if I decide to not keep it put it back to original?)

Video quality sucks.

Should have grabbed some skis???

Last edited:
Said goodbye to Blue.... :frown: :cry:

At least off to a good home and new family

20200518_201200.jpg

Which steering box? Could you have moved the rad further towards the passenger side ?

Im several years into my Scout II P/S conversion. I’ve finally got everything I’ll need & more (with the exception of hoses, belt, & time to do it). Hopefully soon... while my hands still work well enough to do it.

FJ60 box. You can do whatever you like I suppose.

Nice work! We have some similar components in our builds.

I have a 60 PS box in mine too, but instead of raising for clearance I drilled a few holes and shifted my radiator to the passenger side a bit as I was getting tight for hood clearance.

My LC is also getting an old air system. I wanted to put it in the stock heater location like yours, but my ride is a 69 and I could not get the location to work and still make use of the fresh air intake in the middle of the tub. I opted to install it in place of the full glove box. I am going to have more of a literal glove box now😁 I am still mid install so any pointers you might have are welcomed.

Anyways - really nice Looking LC!

The front bib is spaced as well for clearance.

Mine has been sitting for 13 (or so) years since I had to make the decision to focus my time and money on school. I’m married with a garage now so I’m starting to put together what it needs to get on the road.

The engine has less than 5,000 miles since Mark Whatley built it. It ran great when I parked it. I dropped a borescope in the cylinders to prep for getting it running and was REALLY disappointed to find this in cylinder #1:
64C8B39F-A1B9-44E3-A3EA-FFFBBFF80573.jpeg
806467F7-EFEE-4F7A-AF36-6EDE6ED42BFF.jpeg

Anybody in the Pacific NW have a 2F short block they’d be willing to ship to Southeast Alaska?

Spent Saturday and Sunday getting the 40 back on the road. At the start of the shut down I tore into some of the electrical wiring behind the dash. Replaced old, brittle connectors and wire repairs done by me years ago that were less than ideal. We’ll I wanted to replace my water temp sending units and idle fuel cutoff solenoid wiring. @ToyotaMatt hooked me up with what I needed and I finally got everything put together.

Getting better at using the crimping tool.
1A35547C-048E-45DF-993A-BC62275D65B4.jpeg
A7592FF5-938B-4FAB-826E-6C3068C466F8.jpeg
6C16B274-18EE-4693-A081-9065F7B95E97.jpeg

Also found that my rear heater core has a leak, so I deleted that for now. I’ve had a coolant leak near the lower radiator hose for a number of months. Soon I will be diving into the cooling system.

VintageTeqParts was also able to get me all new coolant hoses, clamps and water pump for this ‘76 land cruiser, along with some other stuff...
1F150E39-7324-40B7-A298-FB75C8AAC24E.jpeg

Spent Saturday and Sunday getting the 40 back on the road. At the start of the shut down I tore into some of the electrical wiring behind the dash. Replaced old, brittle connectors and wire repairs done by me years ago that were less than ideal. We’ll I wanted to replace my water temp sending units and idle fuel cutoff solenoid wiring. @ToyotaMatt hooked me up with what I needed and I finally got everything put together.

Getting better at using the crimping tool.
View attachment 2311601View attachment 2311602View attachment 2311603
Also found that my rear heater core has a leak, so I deleted that for now. I’ve had a coolant leak near the lower radiator hose for a number of months. Soon I will be diving into the cooling system.

VintageTeqParts was also able to get me all new coolant hoses, clamps and water pump for this ‘76 land cruiser, along with some other stuff...
View attachment 2311607

What crimper are you using?

New to the forum and love reading through this thread. I’m on page 12! Lol

You should really start here.

Sold it!... Bring a Trailer...

Now it's time to wrap up the 64...

1978_toyota_land_cruiser_fj40_1583444879ef66e7dff9f98764daolive-front.jpg

20200519_110956.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom