FJ60 Mud Flaps - Please respond again! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good afternoon - my rear passenger side mud flap is doing its best to go back to 2019 (or 1989 for that matter) - just like we all are. The lower of the two mud guard screws no longer makes contact with the "backing" that would otherwise attach it to the panel. I have read about removing the original adhesive "gunk" and I get that - but I cannot find a source for what the screws actually screw into.

IMG_0548.jpeg

IMG_0549.jpeg

IMG_0550.jpeg

IMG_0551.jpeg

I looked at the front driver side mug guard and saw that the screw is embedded in this sort of a clip that allows it something to hold onto.
IMG_0553.jpeg

Before my rear mud guard successfully socially distances itself from the rest of my rig, any suggestions on best fastener set up to reattach if I remove, clean, refurbish and reattach? The screws are in good shape - they just need something to screw into - thanks in advance for any advice.

There are threaded inserts (grommet as Toyota calls them) that press-in to the sheet metal back there. I'll try to take a picture, but here are the parts from partsouq. One thing I'm not sure about on my truck, is that the holes for these inserts at the rear are round, which makes these inserts a bit useless. So I just bolted the flaps on with stainless hardware. On the front of my truck, the holes were square so I could use the inserts.

EDIT: Looking closely at your picture, it looks like the grommet is in place. I don't see anything missing.

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 09.39.57.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 09.40.13.png

Not to hijack the thread but since it’s been revived, I’m looking for a rear passenger side flap if anyone has one they’re looking to get rid of

Sounds good to me ace!
Side note why does no one make reproduction flaps?? seems like there’s a big enough market

Side note why does no one make reproduction flaps?? seems like there’s a big enough market

I'll be here's why: Molded rubber is expensive, and each flap has a Toyota-trademarked term on it.

I'll be here's why: Molded rubber is expensive, and each flap has a Toyota-trademarked term on it.
So, then the Chinese should be blowing amazon up with them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom