What are you working on? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Retro but functional
303C677A-0182-4F1C-BD13-C26378DDF723.jpeg
281F6C8D-1E38-4181-AE34-2D643B844E73.jpeg

another one of $ors cheesy one piece speedo cables twisted off...i averaged about 18-24 months on them....they just arent all that.
i've been threatening to actually "plug" the speed counter back in...this was a good time for it. i had tracked a few of two piece speedo cables down, and despite being covered in grime and being 45 years old, they all turned nice and smooth by hand...and so.
its looking alot like a 1975 engine bay.

20200508_174003.jpg

Boring boring boring here, in the middle of new rear rotors, calipers and pads. Parts will be in tomorrow.

Still kicking here, no progress on the 40, but I did order the last engine parts for the SBC rebuild a few days ago. Got to figure out how to get 300 lbs or so of SBC short block out of the basement BY MYSELF in this BS (Ok, wife can help, but still....) Thinking strap it to a large wheeled hand truck and bump it up the stairs? No walkout in the basement.

Speaking of basement, thats been the project for the past few months. Getting close, though taping & sanding drywall sucks. Almost ready for paint.......then back to the 40!

6E906CA5-50B6-4953-AAE3-9EDC20069A66.jpeg

10B1B7DA-D97C-41D1-A6BB-62ACB43C6A8F.jpeg

D997E68F-8884-4B98-90B2-F90C588D24D5.jpeg

6E7D99DA-114F-4B2C-8404-BD02782E2F0C.jpeg

Still kicking here, no progress on the 40, but I did order the last engine parts for the SBC rebuild a few days ago. Got to figure out how to get 300 lbs or so of SBC short block out of the basement BY MYSELF in this BS (Ok, wife can help, but still....) Thinking strap it to a large wheeled hand truck and bump it up the stairs? No walkout in the basement.

Speaking of basement, thats been the project for the past few months. Getting close, though taping & sanding drywall sucks. Almost ready for paint.......then back to the 40!

View attachment 2308705

View attachment 2308706

View attachment 2308707

View attachment 2308708
Must it be 300 lbs all at once?

What are the consequences of you losing the load halfway up the stairs, medium and long-term? (Sorry, kind of being parental here, but I think you might be better off enlisting the help of another really strong person. [Afterwards, they go home, strip at their door, disinfect shoes, put clothes in washer, take a thorough shower, dress in clean clothes.]) You can then go about your life.

field, for alum.
one went as soon as it was turned on, the other made it a few hours.
both have been warranted, one just came back a week or two ago, not sure what the story on the other one is.

I have projects to do, but got asked to help with something. Husband's co-worker needs some help with his vehicle, what turned into just a head light and ignition switch and a once over to see what it will need to pass inspection has turned into a bit of a project..

It's a 2004 Land Rover Discovery II...
Not a Toyota I know but interesting to say the least. And put together remarkably weird.

First thing I noticed when going to pull it into the garage, thing felt like it had no brakes:

i know that sight, leaking axle seals on a Toyota axle leave that mess in drums! But it's not the case here, looking at these:

Pictures aren't the greatest but the oil is actually leaking through the bearing. Interesting is it's a full float rear and the bearing is bolt on! Fingers crossed this will make this repair doable, but who knows.

Due to the lack of rear braking, the fronts looked like this:

What I didn't take a picture of and was more amazing is the left front caliper hose had been twisted, no clue how those pads were worn down to considering it hardly did any braking!

And last but not least I though it sounded super throaty for a Land Rover:

So some new hardware will be needed there to fix that up.

Parts are on order, so garage is currently tied up till they get here but I'm also waiting for some other things to get here for another project for the Lexus as well as fix the current debacle with the project I was working on with it.

Dear Avi,

RUN AWAY!

Your friend, Greg

Don't worry Greg, I am not gonna fall for Land Rover, I think they are neat (this even has diff locks) but I like my Toyota and its standard hardware, this thing is just a mixture of yes, makes a mess since I have to open every draw of my tool box, even the one with Standard size sockets! ugh blasphemy that its not all metric!

a rover requiring service??!!? preposterous i say

I feel I need to be drinking a cup of earl grey while working on this thing. all the Brits drink tea instead of coffee right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom