What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome! Really wish someone would make some sort of quick disco system for 80 doors. Being able to pop them off and leave em home for nice summer weekends would be pretty sweet.

@4LowandSlow good job on the doors. I did these a few years back on foo.

I found that hitch pins work to be able to swap doors on and off quickly. Same size as on 4runners. Only difference is top pin you have to put in from bottom side. Basically get two sets of hinges, cut out the old pin, and then leave one side on the car other side on your doors. see post 272 on my thread and it walks you through it.

1589470380427.png

Comments I have are to make a mount for mirrors and leave about 3/4" above the door handle so the mechanism has room to work still. Cupholders are a must also.

1589470201782.png

@4LowandSlow good job on the doors. I did these a few years back on foo.

I found that hitch pins work to be able to swap doors on and off quickly. Same size as on 4runners. Only difference is top pin you have to put in from bottom side. Basically get two sets of hinges, cut out the old pin, and then leave one side on the car other side on your doors. see post 272 on my thread and it walks you through it.

View attachment 2305975

Comments I have are to make a mount for mirrors and leave about 3/4" above the door handle so the mechanism has room to work still. Cupholders are a must also.

View attachment 2305972
Thanks! i like the hitch pin, ill have to do that at somepoint. I really should of went back into your build thread to read the 3/4" above the door handle, i learned it the hard way lol.

I was left unsupervised near tools again.

IMG_1283.JPG

IMG_1282.JPG

IMG_1284.JPG

IMG_1287.JPG

Intercooling for Cobbles! Started as a Sunday 'fun' project so I could ignore the things I 'should' be addressing. :hillbilly: ...several days later here we are. Nice performance boost on the highway, a hill I previously had to drop out of overdrive for is now conquered at desired speed with ease seeing much nicer exhaust gas temps. Time consuming and tedious yes, a water to air or top mount would be an easier way to go. But I had all the bits lying around shy of a few clamps, so spend my time and endure the tedium I did. A/c system was trashed when I got the truck so the junk condenser hit the road, as well as hoses to make a little space. Ended up making bracket that uses stock condenser mounting points and rubber isolators to hold steering and bonus trans coolers as well as main charge cooler core. Not much room to spare, I feel it could be done and retain a/c but would significantly up the difficulty level.

Just ordered a BUNCH of major tune-up stuff.
Cap
Rotor
Plus
Plug Wires
Fuel Filter
PCV Valve and Hoses
Exhaust manifold heat shields
Relay block cover
Oil level sensor gasket
Windshield Washer Diverter Valve
Oil Filters
Thermostat
T-Stat Gasket

Was looking to possibly get a new rear driveshaft, but figure I better take off the one I have and clean it and check it.
Also looking for a new hood mat since mine got shredded when the radiator exploded a long time ago. It's available from Partsouq, but horrendously expensive due to freight.

Was checking at Cruiser Outfitters to order a front knuckle rebuild kit and some U-Joints for the front DS, but their kits are out of stock. :frown: :frown::frown:

Have to try again later.

Thanks to John and Natalie at @white-knuckleoffroad,I put my third set of sliders on one of my Cruisers. This was my first 80 series set and I am as impressed as ever. Went with a 10* angle for more of a “step” as opposed to tucked in protection. Everything fit without issue and quality was better than I remember it being.
View attachment 2297855View attachment 2297856
Then shortly after got my ARB and went to work mounting my Badlands Apex 12000 winch and installation on the 80.
View attachment 2297860View attachment 2297861View attachment 2297862
getter her ready for CO in September with the boys.

I have been searching for a writeup on putting that winch on an arb since I installed my arb yesterday. Typical spacers on the mounting feet?

Thanks

Just ordered a BUNCH of major tune-up stuff.
Cap
Rotor
Plus
Plug Wires
Fuel Filter
PCV Valve and Hoses
Exhaust manifold heat shields
Relay block cover
Oil level sensor gasket
Windshield Washer Diverter Valve
Oil Filters
Thermostat
T-Stat Gasket

Was looking to possibly get a new rear driveshaft, but figure I better take off the one I have and clean it and check it.
Also looking for a new hood mat since mine got shredded when the radiator exploded a long time ago. It's available from Partsouq, but horrendously expensive due to freight.

Was checking at Cruiser Outfitters to order a front knuckle rebuild kit and some U-Joints for the front DS, but their kits are out of stock. :frown: :frown::frown:

Have to try again later.
Try Marlin Crawler. I've bought my knuckle kits from them in the past.

I wouldn't use the marlin seals. To many reports here of them not quite sealing correctly because of a lip or something.
Good to know. Mine have been ok so far but that doesn't mean it'll last.

Good to know. Mine have been ok so far but that doesn't mean it'll last.
If you have been running them and not leaking I think you are good to go. Seems the failure occurs at the beginning of the of installation IIRC.

Hit up the Heartbreak Ridge OHV trail outside Big Bear with the dog and the girlfriend...wanted one good run with the rig as it sits now before I try tackling the tc gears in case it never moves again under its own power lol. Finally got a few beauty marks on the WKOR sliders 👍

1589721680037.png

If you have been running them and not leaking I think you are good to go. Seems the failure occurs at the beginning of the of installation IIRC.
Phew! :rofl:

The first set had several years of daily driving before I went back in to do some general maintenance. We'll see how long these hold up but no leaking so far.

Phew! :rofl:

The first set had several years of daily driving before I went back in to do some general maintenance. We'll see how long these hold up but no leaking so far.
Just for the sake of some old thread reading......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom