Builds 1993 PZJ77 - The Evolution Continues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do tell? What is the new possible venture

35E0AA85-DE89-4A74-8951-47701D7BBEA1.gif

Pause. And just like that another cruiser caught my eye. I’m tabling this for the time being until I can figure out my plans with the new project.

Keep it a surprise, people love surprises!

I want to say keep me in mind if you are shedding this one but the wife would probably kill me before a transaction would be completed.

@Jroc561 i will keep it a surprise for a bit longer. A few already know. But yes, this one is going to be sold. I’m now at 8 land cruisers and something has to go. I’ll reach out shortly.

Last shot before this one heads off to paint. I thought the paint was better when I initially purchased but was in for an unpleasant surprise when it landed at @SNLC’s shop. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. Since I’m considering selling this one I just need to clean up a few details.

B1501CDB-A533-470C-996E-A49440291179.jpeg

Last shot before this one heads off to paint. I thought the paint was better when I initially purchased but was in for an unpleasant surprise when it landed at @SNLC’s shop. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. Since I’m considering selling this one I just need to clean up a few details.

View attachment 2299722

Wish I was in a position to buy it, sure would like a 77 with an engine swap and LHD conversion.

GLWS John.

Cheers

We are stripped down for paint. The truck is being dropped off today for the rest of its disassembly. Decided I wanted to get a snorkel so now looking for the classic Safari setup (not the new’ish Airmax). This truck was missing the little parking mirror on the front left so we are welding that up along with the rear spare tire carrier holts. This truck has a new Kaymar waiting on it post-paint job. @ca18sean is running point on this for me and @Onur is helping out with some sweet OEM goodies to go back after paint.

0E4D51B7-50A4-4062-A307-4ED0153B3258.jpeg
1660400F-05BD-4844-B3BE-6A05B2EC60BF.jpeg

In the meantime @ca18sean is engaging in a bit of speaker overhaul. This truck only had the factory dash speakers. They worked surprisingly well but always room for improvement.

Door Panel 1.jpg

The factory door panel does not exactly line up perfectly for just cutting the panels. But....if you buy these fancy units from @c2dfj45 then you are in business.

Door Panel 2.jpg

I ordered up a set of new 80 series grill covers and some JBL GTO629 6.5 speakers from Amazon and we should be in business.

Now.....what should I do about rear speakers? This truck did not have any from the factory so I am thinking we would just cut some holes in the panels and mount them up like a 60 series? Anyone? I am really just thinking about going 6x9's back there.....not necessarily looking to sound like two midgets in the back seat 'rassling.

In the meantime @ca18sean is engaging in a bit of speaker overhaul. This truck only had the factory dash speakers. They worked surprisingly well but always room for improvement.

View attachment 2302455

The factory door panel does not exactly line up perfectly for just cutting the panels. But....if you buy these fancy units from @c2dfj45 then you are in business.

View attachment 2302454

I ordered up a set of new 80 series grill covers and some JBL GTO629 6.5 speakers from Amazon and we should be in business.

Now.....what should I do about rear speakers? This truck did not have any from the factory so I am thinking we would just cut some holes in the panels and mount them up like a 60 series? Anyone? I am really just thinking about going 6x9's back there.....not necessarily looking to sound like two midgets in the back seat 'rassling.

I have some really nice rear speaker pods for 76 series doors...not sure if they would fit a 77.....they have a drink holder and can run either a 6.5 round or a 6x9. Same ABS material and color as the front.

NEW-REAR-POD...jpg

I have some really nice rear speaker pods for 76 series doors...not sure if they would fit a 77.....they have a drink holder and can run either a 6.5 round or a 6x9. Same ABS material and color as the front.

View attachment 2302510

They should work. 76/77 doors are almost exactly the same dimensionally. But having Sean confirm is a good idea.

They should work. 76/77 doors are almost exactly the same dimensionally. But having Sean confirm is a good idea.

My only concern with fitment would be the drink holder but there should be enough room. Structurally the 77 and 76 are virtually the same from the firewall back as Onur stated. Side note the 77 door permits placement of a 6” speaker. Magnet clears the mechanicals with a 1/2” spacer.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Do you not have the speakers in the rear cargo area as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom