Unobtainium (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DUST PROOF ASSY, TRANSFER CONTROL LEVER OEM 58280-90305 available from Toyota.
0DF5366A-486F-4C7D-B7F7-2CA30D2F7176.jpeg

77471F87-1340-43DB-AAD8-07064A7B985A.jpeg

Interesting. That might explain why my ‘63 had LW wires for the FD switch, which confused @Coolerman, schematics show GY wires. Looks like the replacement switches come with LW wire pigtails to splice into the GY wires in the harness. Maybe.

Interesting. That might explain why my ‘63 had LW wires for the FD switch, which confused @Coolerman, schematics show GY wires. Looks like the replacement switches come with LW wire pigtails to splice into the GY wires in the harness. Maybe.

My 69 has the same GY wires all the way to the indicator light

Reproduction horn buttons. Will finish up the outer assembly soon. There are two variants, the earliest type with chrome ring / chrome letters, and the later type with black ring / blank letters. Not quite sure which kind is more in demand?

View attachment 2303939
Yes!!

Agree is will be a long time before this need to be reproduced. The version for A/C would be nice to see reproduced. A number of aftermarket A/C evaporators mimic the factory one. Would be a nice to have a option other hacking up the factory duct and running flexible holes.

Curious how many would be interested in a LHD version of the lower duct to use when a under the dash A/C evaporator is installed. Besides the OEM evaporator looks like a number of aftermarket options available around the same size.

Picture of the duct copied from another thread
$(KGrHqEOKn!E2S(rF!cmBN)EyOhUVQ___3.jpg

In a brake related thread I mentioned that I'm setting up a small shop to bring back some of the unobtainium products of the past. I'm starting this new thread to expand on some thoughts so that I don't hijack the other thread.

As our hobby is expanding while the vehicles are getting older and more perishable items are becoming "NLA", it's getting harder to keep our vehicles stock. There are many creative solutions out there, but if you're like me, you want parts to be plug and play and designed to fit your vehicle. On this premise, I decided to tackle certain specific needs that are on the "low margin, high effort" side of the spectrum that Toyota and other suppliers won't ever care to play in. I figure no corporation can fill this niche better than a Cruiser enthusiast.

After much due diligence, I've got a couple of confirmed products coming through the pipeline, and a couple more in the concept stages being actively investigated. Feel free to pitch new ideas at me. Whatever I bring to market has to be reasonably priced. Personally I don't feel OEM prices are reasonable.

I'll end this post with a teaser pic. In a few days I'll be offering this unobtainium air intake hose for the '79 to '84 FJ40. Exact OEM replacement, oval on one side round on the other, brand new.

View attachment 959454
Very nice, would that hose and end work on my 78, do you have other options. Looking to get better airflow,

IMG_7762.JPG

IMG_7764.JPG

IMG_7765.JPG

Reproduction horn buttons. Will finish up the outer assembly soon. There are two variants, the earliest type with chrome ring / chrome letters, and the later type with black ring / blank letters. Not quite sure which kind is more in demand?

View attachment 2303939
Take my money! Didn’t see it on the site yet?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom