F.D Knob Repops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thecrazygreek

A.K.A. TheCraftyGreek
Threads
I have been goofing around with knobs for my 64. I don't post a lot in the 25 section but thought I would as it's a 25 series thing as well.

I created some knobs that look similar to OEM, but are for different solutions. I have a Krupp ? Style heater but didn't like the knob solution it came with. So I swapped out the choke with my custom HEAT knob. No need for choke because I'm running the Holley sniper fuel injection system, a 2gc small bore.
I'm also going to swap out the throttle knob for a custom ROOM or FOG knob.

I also got a request for a FD knob so I whipped up one up and it turned out pretty good.

20200509_145700.jpg
20200509_145935.jpg
IMG_20200507_140551_509.jpg

I have been goofing around with knobs for my 64. I don't post a lot in the 25 section but thought I would as it's a 25 series thing as well.

I created some knobs that look similar to OEM, but are for different solutions. I have a Krupp ? Style heater but didn't like the knob solution it came with. So I swapped out the choke with my custom HEAT knob. No need for choke because I'm running the Holley sniper fuel injection system, a 2gc small bore.
I'm also going to swap out the throttle knob for a custom ROOM or FOG knob.

I also got a request for a FD knob so I whipped up one up and it turned out pretty good.

View attachment 2301162View attachment 2301163View attachment 2301164

Awesome. will you offer these custom Knobs to mud members? Thanks

AWSOME , my Greek Brother !

good show sir ............ :smokin:

these are my Fully Restored H knobs , they are getting harder and harder

to find , and when i do , they are generally are in this sort of SAD shape and require the Efforts of Egyptology to make them whole again ,

let alone shine like
Day 1 out the Main Level 2 story barn doors @ Plant A11 so long a
go .....:confused:

i have been slowly studying the self taught art of Knob making in my spare time , and i think i want to dive in with 2 feet into the bring the H knob back
from the ashes of History ...........

i
ts either that or the RED first GEN. hazard knob ?

one or the other for sure ...:)

DSCN2518.JPG
DSCN2520.JPG
DSCN2522.JPG

Awesome. will you offer these custom Knobs to mud members? Thanks

I think I might do a few yes.

Understand I'm not a pro, but a hobbyist, but I will say the FD knob turned out pretty good.

I used original FD knob from my 64 to make the molds, but the other knobs are custom and 3D printed. Then I make the mold from the smoothed and finished 3d piece.

Some minor pits but with elbow grease they come out looking decent.

I will continue to work on the molds. Once I'm satisfied I will offer up a few.

I drill and install a threaded insert if required, I also do a threaded insert for the set screw. I could as an option leave that finishing up to the buyer in case they are running non stock switches but want a stock knob.

Oh, the light and wiper knobs are from OEM knob molds and not 3d printed.

Post up here with what you want and I can prioritize how I proceed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom