Events/Trails Classic Cruise 2020 - 4/25/2020 (1 Viewer)

classic cruise trail

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Started a response and held off as been on the fence wether to go or not. I know the parts are large and heavy. While I still do want the parts an uninspected trip to the valley this week and a rather large yard project View attachment 2284046
are going to prevent me from making the three hour drive down tomorrow. Need to finish the project before I could even think of doing anything with the parts. Watching the thread I am not seeing anyone from the West valley who possible pick up and hold on to the parts until head back to the valley in weeks for some scheduled appointments. Funds are not issue. I would like to go down and see Tim Hill in the Tucson area but not sure when and if that will happen. While I want the parts if you find a local buyer or someone willing pay shipping I will certainly understand. If not hopefully will can make it would at some point.
What kind of parts are we talking about? I could grab them and drag them to my place near I17 and Happy Valley... if that helps either/both of you out. If they'll fit in the back of a 40 with a few kids and supplies...

What kind of parts are we talking about? I could grab them and drag them to my place near I17 and Happy Valley... if that helps either/both of you out. If they'll fit in the back of a 40 with a few kids and supplies...

Thanks for the offer but these are HJ61 springs both front and rear. If I had come plan was to strap them in the back of my FJ62. Would have been by myself so back down would have have plenty of room. The FJ62 also had cargo tie down points. My FJ62 has a ARB bull bar and winch. The HJ61 are heavier springs. Not in a rush. Still waiting on parts from Australia. Those include lockers and full floating rear axle. I would do everything as one project.

Youre right, I way misunderstood. As I am in a 40 without an AC and thought it was the Wickenburg Box Canyon - I am out guys. Sorry. Too far for that long of a trip back with the family in tow...
yes that is a long drive with out AC but if you are wanting a commemorative sticker i should have enough.

I may have missed it... but will we stop somewhere to chill and eat lunch? I'll have at least two youngsters with me and one of them gets hangry if we don't eat. I'll pack food of course, just curious if we'll stop for a leisurely meal or if I need to pack eat on the go stuff...
yes there will be time to stop for lunch and as i have kids in tow also they might get restless if we didn't stop. i would say that the best option to stop might be at the "waterfall" which is the marquee obstacle there is a by pass to it with an option to bypass it and get right to the top of it for those that don't want to take the risk but also offers a chance to play around and test our vehicles. i am going to talk to my son about bringing his laser tag game for kids to play with during lunch and camping out over night.

So for the Tucson caravan meet up at 0630-0645 at beyond bread on west Ina rd then head out to McDonald's in Florence at 0700?

@cruzer971 @ollanik anyone else leaving from Tucson tomorrow?
Im leaving in the morning for the caravan.

018C6911-0597-41B5-AD42-7015F0F59B9D.jpeg

I bet you’ll never guess who took this picture!

Airing down...
MUDclassic01.jpg

@mtn biker leading us into the canyon proper...
MUDclassic02.jpg

An FJ55, HJ61, and FJ40 bringing up the rear of the group who bypassed The Waterfall (that'd be all of us except one)...
MUDclassic03.jpg

@Sheppard with the bypass crew in the background...
MUDclassic04.jpg

I smell bacon...
MUDclassic05.jpg

And the lunch crowd roundup...
MUDclassic06.jpg

@ScottyDog want to see your pictures of the classic cruise coming over those boulders

Great wheeling with you all yesterday. Special thanks to @mtn biker for heading this up. Luckily, my little nephew’s CT scan came up negative and he’s relaxing with us today. Below are some of our pics from the morning.

0A8AAE9A-706C-4CED-999A-284E9E7974BA.jpeg

8B732646-9C22-42E8-819C-37E70FB57E66.jpeg

3A839AE3-3C1A-4A2A-8CC5-52464DE4C026.jpeg

ED954929-75C5-46BC-A9FC-E3F1456E3BE3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom