What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed my Prado tails.

My 120 hit 120–k....
38ADADBC-5ADA-4D62-9CB0-BC767C6452F4.jpeg

I have my long travel coilovers on the shelf, ordered 4.88s for the front and rear, and 37x12.50R17 Fury RTs. Just waiting to pull the trigger on RCLT and going for it on the cut, tuck, and hammer. Whatever it takes to run the 37s on the GX without making it crazy tall. Should be a hell of a quarantine project!
Vlad - I've been following the Marlin Crawler updates on the RCLT setup. Looks really promising. I would be really stoked to watch you lead the way on this and follow along. I have a 2nd gen Tacoma that this would work on along with a GX470. So, I say, go for it!!!

Recent projects:
  1. SSO incognito winch mount + Badlands/Apex 12K winch.
  2. A Harbor Freight small light bar up front. Sits a little low for most folks' taste (might diminish some approach angle) but I'm not an uber-rock crawler....happy with it.
  3. HID's for the low beams (been sitting on a shelf for ~2 years, finally put them in).
  4. Spidertrax spacers (really like these - always felt my rig looked a little silly - it now has the right stance).
  5. New wheels and FINALLY two new KM2's up front (been chasing a "wobble" for ~12 months - Discount Tire finally owned up to an out-of-round tire up front, problem solved!).
  6. A little plastidip to get rid of some chrome....
  7. Took out the OEM crossbars (attached to the roof rails) - I now need to get around to a table stored under my Pioneer rack - another project!).
1587774857739.png

1587774936286.png

1587774889091.png

Last edited:
Recent projects:
  1. SSO incognito winch mount + Badlands/Apex 12K winch.
  2. A Harbor Freight small light bar up front. Sits a little low for most folks' taste (might diminish some approach angle) but I'm not an uber-rock crawler....happy with it.
  3. HID's for the low beams (been sitting on a shelf for ~2 years, finally put them in).
  4. Spidertrax spacers (really like these - always felt my rig looked a little silly - it now has the right stance).
  5. New wheels and FINALLY two new KM2's up front (been chasing a "wobble" for ~12 months - Discount Tire finally owned up to an out-of-round tire up front, problem solved!).
  6. A little plastidip to get rid of some chrome....

Got a pic of the light bar from the front? How do you like the winch?

I purchased it! I lately had actually been looking less at the GX’s and was looking more into an LX/100 Series. But I hopped on Craigslist and spotted this newly listed 2006, 199k miles, Dark Interior, Non-Nav. It looked extremely clean and was priced right. Went to check it out, and it was just as nice as it looked in the photos. So here we are! Can’t wait to get some things done to it and start taking the family on Adventures.

66754CB4-7098-46C6-9C45-52A3BC03D1C3.jpeg

Probably did, but most of northern AZ looks similar. It’s all amazing.

Shhhhhh, no one else needs to know any of our secrets - keep it quiet! :)

Took the new to us baby Scamp out.
E6ADE92A-5F69-4E9C-9D36-B19878EC697E.jpeg
F47F99A0-D3B2-4704-9E75-2781F9B9C51F.jpeg

Swapped out the front woofer and tweeter and the rear door speakers with some Rockford Fosgate stuff. Nothing to fancy. I thought the oem stuff would look worse than they did, all foam intact. I was no nav 4 ohm. Anyone need some cheap oem stuff?

Awesome!

I'm so on the fence for a trailer. How are you liking the Scamp??

It’s great for what it is. Tows nice, it’s light, well insulated and even as low as it is I can get it into places most cars can’t go. Wife and I are empty nesters and it would be tight with larger kids. I plan on lifting it a bit and maybe getting larger tires under there for a bit more clearance. I would like to be able to get it to the point I can make past Subaru gate keepers but I am not going to do anything crazy with it, we have the RTT for more challenging trips. If you want to talk shoot me a PM with your number.

It’s great for what it is. Tows nice, it’s light, well insulated and even as low as it is I can get it into places most cars can’t go. Wife and I are empty nesters and it would be tight with larger kids. I plan on lifting it a bit and maybe getting larger tires under there for a bit more clearance. I would like to be able to get it to the point I can make past Subaru gate keepers but I am not going to do anything crazy with it, we have the RTT for more challenging trips. If you want to talk shoot me a PM with your number.

Curiosity got me and I looked into Scamps and Scamp lifts. Then the teardrops and just micro campers in general. Definitely getting one of these little campers after the kids move out.

Just ordered some Depot Sport headlight assemblies and the LED bulbs I ordered for them last night came in. One set for the headlights, one for the fogs.

159EEB6F-F429-4F8D-89A1-27795018660B_1_105_c.jpeg

Oh, and ordered some FN BDG wheels, 18x9 0 offset and my K02's came in, waiting to go on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom