AVAILABLE NOW: 100 Series Carpet Sets and Mats! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are a few more pictures:
looks good - how would you compare the thickness of the carpet relative to OEM?
This carpet is definitely plush compared to the original in mine. The original was 15 years old, flat and worn.

Not sure if this was asked, but can you guys do a roof liner too?
This mfr. doesn't have the capability to do headliners. Since the headliner is on a semi-rigid board, you should be able to recover yours in a different material.
looks good - how would you compare the thickness of the carpet relative to OEM?
It has a very similar look and feel, but the backing itself is not as thick as OEM. There's no way an aftermarket manufacturer can afford to invest the kind of money an OEM manufacturer could (or would) to reproduce something like this. The mfr, is assured of tens, maybe hundreds, of thousands of "orders," while the aftermarket mfr. is not assured of one. The other main difference is that the aftermarket carpet costs the consumer just a fraction of what OEM carpet would cost. I will say that, even at almost double the cost, the mass-backed carpet we sell is worth considering. I just installed some in mine, and alsthough much more difficult to "handle" - due to increased weight and less flexibility - it has the added feature of a built-in sound deadener a little more stiffness. Sort of a two-for-one installation.

Either style is a pretty profound change from worn or stained OEM carpet

Tan carpet installed-
7D3ACD02-0A4C-4AB1-AB13-95D247DD9B27.jpeg
37751C83-61DC-4ABB-BD2C-A4C48F87FA2E.jpeg
035EB978-AE62-4D38-A66B-49F8C5F36E08.jpeg
93C36935-876E-4F8E-8816-DCEAABA7C2AB.jpeg
F43F8C90-996B-4327-9BD3-07E062812B5C.jpeg

UPDATED 12/2/2019

After a long process of working with the mfr., and in follow-up to the very popular 60/62 carpet project (see links in my sig line), I'm now selling replacement carpet sets and mats for the 100 series Land Cruisers! As with the other carpet runs, the goal of this carpet is to be as close to OEM "correct" as possible.

The opening price for a FULL SET of carpet will only be $260 + shipping!!! Even if you don't NEED carpet, that's almost too cheap to pass up! The front mats (driver's/passenger's/one-piece second row) will run $140 + shipping, and the cargo mat will run $110 + shipping. Also, this 100 carpet is available with mass backing (much like a DynaMat type material added to the back of the carpet). Pricing on a mass-backed set will run $366 + shipping.

Please PM @Tupelo Honey with questions and/or to order.

Thanks,
David

View attachment 1923364View attachment 1923366View attachment 1923368
Very interested. Do you have pictures?

. Looks great! Any tricks on the tailgate install? I finished my install this week w/ the exception of the tailgate. Great carpet!
No tricks and the tailgate is super easy. I have a set of trim removal tools. If you don’t have any, they are about 10 bucks on Amazon and worth their weight in gold.
Take your time and pop all the trim clips loose. Remove the staples from the old carpet. I used 6mm staples in an Arrow staple gun and some Elmers spray glue to secure the new carpet to the backer board. There is plenty of fold over material to secure it.
6E8FD5EF-3A7B-4578-87F4-F81FEBFCE94A.jpeg

No tricks and the tailgate is super easy. I have a set of trim removal tools. If you don’t have any, they are about 10 bucks on Amazon and worth their weight in gold.
Take your time and pop all the trim clips loose. Remove the staples from the old carpet. I used 6mm staples in an Arrow staple gun and some Elmers spray glue to secure the new carpet to the backer board. There is plenty of fold over material to secure it.View attachment 2292635
Thanks! That will really help out!

Take your time and pop all the trim clips loose. Remove the staples from the old carpet. I used 6mm staples in an Arrow staple gun and some Elmers spray glue to secure the new carpet to the backer board. There is plenty of fold over material to secure it.

Can you feel the staples poking through on the other side?

Any dark brown carpet colors available to match our 100 series with tan interiors? I am thinking a brown that would match our upper dash and upper door panels.

Any dark brown carpet colors available to match our 100 series with tan interiors? I am thinking a brown that would match our upper dash and upper door panels.
Go to page 3 of this thread, and scroll down to post #59. There are several shades of brown illustrated there (and what interior pieces they closely match)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom