Cottonland Overland Opine Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Go Fast is made up here in Montana. There is a guy who's created a similar system from scratch.

There's also a guy in the area that's making something low profile, but he's not in production yet. Probably will be priced similar to the GFC. I pulled the trigger on my CVT because it was on sale for a ridiculous price and available now.

This guy's still figuring it out.

Did some hardcore over landing this weekend with a rented jeep; Death Valley and Joshua Tree NP.

20CE18A4-B68A-4738-95BC-C513D4498448.jpeg
4DCB808C-C014-4763-ADDA-4C20BEDD24B2.jpeg

I saw some posts on the Salient Coast Overland Page about the Wesson Sand Dunes. @wngrog or anyone been there? Looked like a cool place to camp and play.

I saw some posts on the Salient Coast Overland Page about the Wesson Sand Dunes. @wngrog or anyone been there? Looked like a cool place to camp and play.

Seems semi private. Salient guys usually posta trip every month

I am planning dispersed car camping trip with my ladywife to take place sometime in the undisclosed future, possibly before travel bans are lifted, and definitely completely black ops. Like...leaving as soon as in the next two days. We're looking at the following and could use any and all input/advice/heckling/ramblings regarding the planned locations and destinations. Dr. Mrs. DirtRoads is more of a hiker than an offroader, so that is a focus of the, dare I say, expedition.

River level permitting:
-Drive into Woolum to camp.
-Hike the Nars

-Drive to sand gap/hurricane creek/haw creek and camp somewhere <----recommendations welcome
-Hike pam's Grotto and Pedestal Rock

-Camp again somewhere in the vicinity
-Hike sandstone castle or Sams Throne.

-Camp again somewhere....or head home.

Will be driving my unreliable American bro truck apartment on (yuge) wheels.

I can't tell you how many people I see every day walking on the Natchez Trace trail with masks on. I feel like I'm stuck in a Twilight Zone episode.

I saw a father and his (?) two young children in a pickemup over the weekend. No masks on the father, but the children both had masks.

Now the children were both sharing the front seat with no seatbelts on running 70 down the highway, but safety first.

/derail.

I am planning dispersed car camping trip with my ladywife to take place sometime in the undisclosed future, possibly before travel bans are lifted, and definitely completely black ops. Like...leaving as soon as in the next two days. We're looking at the following and could use any and all input/advice/heckling/ramblings regarding the planned locations and destinations. Dr. Mrs. DirtRoads is more of a hiker than an offroader, so that is a focus of the, dare I say, expedition.

River level permitting:
-Drive into Woolum to camp.
-Hike the Nars

-Drive to sand gap/hurricane creek/haw creek and camp somewhere <----recommendations welcome
-Hike pam's Grotto and Pedestal Rock

-Camp again somewhere in the vicinity
-Hike sandstone castle or Sams Throne.

-Camp again somewhere....or head home.

Will be driving my unreliable American bro truck apartment on (yuge) wheels.

Buffalo river is a national park and they have shut it down. From what I understand they are aggressively looking for violators. Have heard they are even stopping folks at the Missouri border going into Arkansas with camping gear.

STUPID

Have been camping a few times during all this.....maybe MO state stopping people but we are not shelter in place.

Have had no issues at all. Planing on getting away this weekend and some next week.

There are no public areas open but most aren't looking for those anyway.

I think the jackasses are the ones mouthing off......and doing stupid stuff to get ran off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom