Things are good... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally started on removing booty fab!

you fixed it though. Great work
Thnx, been lots going on at home so progress has been minimal. I did end up selling off the front cable locker to fund part of the emu kit. @orangefj45 got the auto trans and tcase. And I have all the weather stripping for the doors.

Almost forgot I had this nifty u bolt flip kit I have been saving. Came with a failed project I bought a few years back. Not sure on brand but it is super stout and powder coated too :)
20191201_203516.jpg
20191201_204149.jpg

Hey nolan, with the extra height on top of the axle tube it looks like I can re use the factory bump stops now??

not with the 4Plus. The factory bumps go under the curve of the ubolt. It’s flat up there now.

Cool thread, bummer on having to undo stuff but on the plus side its going to be way better.

What are you using for bump stops on this kit?

I have never installed this kit on a 45 but if I did i would likely put a Timbren bump directly on the plate above the axle mimicking all the other leafspring trucks

Cool thread, bummer on having to undo stuff but on the plus side its going to be way better.
Thnx man, lots more to do but at least I now know the suspension will stay on and not kill my family or yours

So the 60 series emu rears were a fail. I went off an educated guess and should have probably used a tape measure. The center pun on the 60 kit is 4" too short to hit center on the wheel well. I even tried to adjust the rear hangars. So luckily I have a 45lwb kit on the shelf. Also started lining up the ff rear
20191211_233023.jpg
20191212_001849.jpg

Great story on how this vehicle returned to you and great to see the work you're doing on it. Damn nice LV. I always wondered what that Canadian vent above the windshield looked like, now I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom