CLC Club Checkin... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
kyle-landcruiser.blogspot.com
How is everybody faring during this pandemic? Just making sure all are well, or if anybody needs anything. Feel free to post any needs, etc you may have, and we'll do our best as a club to help out.

I for one am doing well. Trying to limit my outings, stay at home, and keep some exercise going. According to my doctor my immune system isn't compromised by the chemo drugs I am on, so I have that working for me. But I definitely do not want to push it.

I hope you guys are all well...and again, if you need anything, post up!

thanks for reaching out! I am doing good as well. quite an adjustment trying to learn how to do the online schooling for my wife, my kids, and myself....

got to take the boy out for our first camping trip still... just a local sport about 15 min north of my house so i was following precautions and guidelines... it went really well! hope everyone is staying safe and healthy out there!!!
IMG_7341.jpg

thanks for reaching out! I am doing good as well. quite an adjustment trying to learn how to do the online schooling for my wife, my kids, and myself....

got to take the boy out for our first camping trip still... just a local sport about 15 min north of my house so i was following precautions and guidelines... it went really well! hope everyone is staying safe and healthy out there!!! View attachment 2261320
Are there extra precautions for going out camping or just the standard ones listed in the website?

i think the biggest thing was to stay local, dont go out and try something "new" dont push your limits, basically make sure your not putting yourself in a situation where you will need additional resources, like search and rescue or medical help. from my understanding
91189783_10218378213266500_3717487227698151424_o.jpg

Reactions: SAS
All is well here. Just burning gas out on the road trying to get out of the house without interacting with strangers. I'll second the offer for help. If anyone in Colorado Springs needs anything, let me know. I could probably spare a few rolls of TP too...

-Patrick.

All good here. A bit stir crazy, but I am lucky enough to still be working somewhat regularly. Really looking forward to getting back to nature and the sun.

As others have said, don't hesitate to ask if you or someone you know needs anything.

David

All is well for us too. Going a little crazy having to do remote learning with 3 kids in 3 different grades. I got out and camped the last 2 weekends to get out of the house. Both my wife and I are essential so we are business as usual with work.

All good here. Been crazy busy at work. I am a little sir crazy to be honest. I am hoping the "safer at home" is lifted a bit more by end of month. I am trying to plan a 1 week out on the trails. Starting memorial day weekend through the next weekend. (As far as social distancing goes I would love it if I don't even see 10 people. :) )

Anyone have any recommendations?

@000doodie000 maybe hit up the Wet Mountain and Sangre's. Lots of trails to run (cloverdale, hermit, medano)...just a thought!

Yea, that would be a good set to hit. We were looking at maybe a long out and back like Kokopelli and Rimrocker or maybe a drive down to AZ and coming back up AZBDR. Lots of options. :)
Still wondering if its too soon for a long trip though, not sure how COVID stay home rules apply in other states. We are thinking if we avoid towns and people other than gas its probably ok. Still looking for where states stand on the issue.

I am also looking forward to getting back out with the club on the monthly trips. (especially the September 4-10: San Juan Trip)

We've been doing day trips, out and back on the trails. Only hitting up the gas station in the AM before I load up the family. It's been nice to still get out of the house on the weekends.

Since I still have to go to work, I was thinking about Hackett Gulch this weekend with a work buddy, keeping the 6' rule in effect...

How is everybody faring during this pandemic? Just making sure all are well, or if anybody needs anything. Feel free to post any needs, etc you may have, and we'll do our best as a club to help out.

I for one am doing well. Trying to limit my outings, stay at home, and keep some exercise going. According to my doctor my immune system isn't compromised by the chemo drugs I am on, so I have that working for me. But I definitely do not want to push it.

I hope you guys are all well...and again, if you need anything, post up!
We are all good here. Had to work out of town at our Northern Colorado Hospitals for the last 6 weeks but look last week off. Have gotten LC out a couple of times to go fishing and been working in the Garden.

Yea, that would be a good set to hit. We were looking at maybe a long out and back like Kokopelli and Rimrocker or maybe a drive down to AZ and coming back up AZBDR. Lots of options. :)
Still wondering if its too soon for a long trip though, not sure how COVID stay home rules apply in other states. We are thinking if we avoid towns and people other than gas its probably ok. Still looking for where states stand on the issue.

Wanted to give an update:
We decided to do the NMBDR over AZ and UT. (AZ trip was just a bit far and UT had too many closures).

Here are some photos. (they really do not do it justice). If you get a chance to take a week long road trip this is definitely worth it. We took 7 days, started in Dell City Texas and ended (at home). :)

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

I tried to upload some of the panoramic photos but they all are too big. Even Cropping them didn't work. :(

Current Ouray County roads report...

High Country Roads Update

June 8, 2020 Update

Please note: some services may be unavailable or slow to respond due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please be respectful of local Public Health Orders and restrictions. Visit https://ouraycountyco.gov/…/Coronavirus-COVID-19-Updates-an… to check current orders and for more information.
Yankee Boy -- OPEN
Red Mountain Town –Main Loop—OPEN
Corkscrew – OPEN
Engineer Pass—OPEN
Imogene—IN PROGRESS
Brown Mountain -- OPEN
Governor’s Basin —Closed (Clearing by nature)
OWL CREEK PASS------OPEN
Updates will be posted periodically on the Ouray County Website (www.ouraycountyco.gov) and on the Road and Bridge Facebook page.

@000doodie000 That looks amazing! How many miles over 7 days?

The total trip from my drive way back to my drive way registered 2262.26 miles on the GPS. The trail itself registers 1178 miles. The I think I had clocked a little over 700 miles by the time we reached the starting point in Dell City Texas. We did take a couple extra jaunts off trail to see if we could find camping spots and to hit a nearby town for fuel or other stuff. (we forgot a sleeping bag for my son, who decided to go just before I pulled out.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom