Post pics of your OEM/Reproduction top fj4x's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:

I’m digging it so far.

Real Steel Kit.....took about 2 weeks

Dirt Road Tops .... took about 4 months

Install....no instructions on either.....took about 2 days

B73E3AE9-5F90-45E6-9B2A-4D3441A87C31.jpeg

I’m digging it so far.

Real Steel Kit.....took about 2 weeks

Dirt Road Tops .... took about 4 months

Install....no instructions on either.....took about 2 days

View attachment 2433331
Looks good. I'm glad they have white...been trying to figure out whether white or buckskin would look best on mine. Thanks for the pic!

Last edited:
Which tops did you purchase, and what color on Pikachu?

Also, shameless, but I'm ready to purchase Pikachu when you are ready for something else. It is hands down, my favorite 40 on Mud. :)
Ha, thanks. My son has already “called” Pikachu once I’m done with it many years from now. It’s been a lot of fun to build and own so far. My favorite 40 ever as well!

The one on my former ‘73 was an old school Pakistani canvas top that I bought from Alex Durso years ago when he still imported them. The one on Pikachu is a white PVC top from Trollhole. I think they are called Dirt Road tops or something like that now).

No top on it but this is my first FST purchased in 1994 for $1,000. Came with a 72 hard top installed and doors now stored in the back. Original F155 was in the back along with a four speed bellhousing and H42. Was just offered to me out of the blue. My wife was not happy but just couldn't pass it up.
20211031_141055.jpg

Only other FJ40 FST I have is this tub. Purchased almost fifteen years ago.
IM000321.jpg

Here is my last remaining FJ25. All were FSTs.
FJ25C.JPG

Because of age and lack of time only the 73 FST is there hope of ever restoring

No top on it but this is my first FST purchased in 1994 for $1,000. Came with a 72 hard top installed and doors now stored in the back. Original F155 was in the back along with a four speed bellhousing and H42. Was just offered to me out of the blue. My wife was not happy but just couldn't pass it up.
View attachment 3218063

Only other FJ40 FST I have is this tub. Purchased almost fifteen years ago.
View attachment 3218072

Here is my last remaining FJ25. All were FSTs.
View attachment 3218090
Because of age and lack of time only the 73 FST is there hope of ever restoring
Truly amazing that the previous owner held on to all of the bows and bits and it came with that Orange truck. Small miracle given the crimes committed and against FSTs over the years. Yours is a beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom