Early 1969 FJ40 - Learning as I go (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I take it these are not the original washer nozzles?
00B75BD7-B449-47FB-8EA0-553BDED80CD9.jpeg

Also these are putting up a fight. The rubber is so dry the heads are just spinning, anyone have a solution to getting these off?
A6DD270F-E52F-476A-8B8E-0470FC4F765B.jpeg

Another recent thread got me curious and I found this. I knew it was in there, just haven’t opened it up yet.
E3AB3D37-0B98-4101-B1E5-FFAE0188FEC2.jpeg

Does the seat fold back all the way or do you have to hold it open to get tools out? Seems the seat back was hitting the rear wheel well.

Another recent thread got me curious and I found this. I knew it was in there, just haven’t opened it up yet.
Does the seat fold back all the way or do you have to hold it open to get tools out? Seems the seat back was hitting the rear wheel well.

The trick to better toolbox access is to slide the seat forward before lifting, but not so far forward you hit the steering wheel with the seat bottom. There is a happy medium. ;)

The trick to better toolbox access is to slide the seat forward before lifting, but not so far forward you hit the steering wheel with the seat bottom. There is a happy medium. ;)
Yeah I figured it out eventually. Really neat feature to have storage under there. I’m hesitant to put my tool roll in there. I’ll mainly just be cruising it and going to car shows and I’m worried about people stealing it.

And yes @65swb45 I do need to call you about my brake lights and reflectors. Just can’t stand cracked lights and of course one of each is cracked. The brake lights look like they’ve been caulked to seal them. I’ll give you a call tomorrow since it’s Sunday today, I think, I’m losing track..
9500871B-E489-4626-B217-D00BB22D5466.jpeg
53185C03-DD47-4627-9DF3-5654E1A34DDC.jpeg
FC24EF1F-A740-44DB-B321-577A9479E76B.jpeg
7FE3B916-F169-4AEF-A6E3-2442D4FA53E9.jpeg

Don’t ya just love it when you accomplish something after scratching your head for a while and then find something not related to what you were doing... glad I caught it though.
A01419A1-4EB2-40E4-BA8C-BA7A7FEA86CE.jpeg

Of course doing some research of replacing the brake master cylinder, I find that the new OEM ones have 10mm brake fittings and mine has a 9mm line fitting. Anyone ever find an actual adapter with the correct thread pitch? All the posts I’ve seen really didn’t mention if they worked or not.

Weird cause my brakes work really well and are rock solid.

Of course doing some research of replacing the brake master cylinder, I find that the new OEM ones have 10mm brake fittings and mine has a 9mm line fitting. Anyone ever find an actual adapter with the correct thread pitch? All the posts I’ve seen really didn’t mention if they worked or not.

Weird cause my brakes work really well and are rock solid.

Sooo, just buy a rebuild kit for the MC you have!:idea:

I stock those as well as the brake lights and reflectors you mentioned before. ;)

Also found my radiator has a pinhole leak.
View attachment 2245336
It looks like it’s got other leaks also, has some staining on the fins also. So I will try to hunt a radiator down,
Not so fast there. A good radiator shop, and I mean a GOOD radiator shop, can fix that pinhole and put a new core in your radiator. I've had that done several times on my 1974 FJ55, which radiators are very hard to find new. I feel that a well rebuilt radiator is superior to a new store bought radiator, and it will fit because it's original.

Replaced the radiator today. Probably one of the easiest as far as remove and replace. Bought an OEM from City Racer. Fit perfectly with no mods in my 1969.
4AB3A720-7526-4876-8DB5-15A38AC5DAD8.jpeg
Would like to get an overflow reservoir for it. Now onto rebuilding the master cylinder.

Well I got one of these from Mosley Motors @FJ60Cam Wasnt expecting it, shipped directly from Holley but it was a good surprise. Just waiting on all the other accessories from him. Also ordered some Koito lights and a new fuse box from City Racer. Got some new oil filter lines and oil filter base from @RLMS Redline Land Cruisers. All look quality! Gonna have lots to do in the fall and winter.
C4D2F402-9603-4C24-A95C-BAD95EEB2382.jpeg
2D49F4C0-FE28-48C4-A368-DCCE1B1F26D5.jpeg

Subscribed. I just picked up a 69 as well, in much worse shape though.
I’ve no idea if it’s early or late.
Liking where yours is headed!

Subscribed. I just picked up a 69 as well, in much worse shape though.
I’ve no idea if it’s early or late.
Liking where yours is headed!
From what I can tell, the smaller round brake lights indicate an early ‘69. Your frame number will also. There are other things I’m sure I’ve forgotten about.

From what I can tell, the smaller round brake lights indicate an early ‘69. Your frame number will also. There are other things I’m sure I’ve forgotten about.
My brake lights have been ‘updated’ unfortunately.
I’ll look up the frame number cut off dates.

A120F564-F3ED-4EC3-8165-BF8BF10329E6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom