Trail Tailor Offerings (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those Cooper's seem to be the ticket.
I own four vehicles... One 6.7 F350, one 7.3L Powerstroke plow truck, a 40 and a 62. I now run those very coopers on all of them. They're fantastic in every condition, especially snow and ice.

Had a nice ride to Chicken Corners. Wanted to check my tuning and enjoy the backcountry without all the visitors. Didn't slide on the rocksliders, but did drag the rear bumper a few times. I do like that rack! It gets attention. I've been looking at various lights to attach to it and fabbing a deflector but haven't made up my mind.
My seat wouldn't have worn out so quick if I had gotten sliders when I did the lift.
thanks J for putting more Utility in my SUV.

IMG_20200329_172923165_HDR.jpg

LOL

I do like the look of the taller skinny. I wanted more options with the 7.5 width. I could have lived with these, but wanted to stay around 33", and the BFG AT's are not an option. @DougRFJ62 you must be flipping excited, cause I'am for you!!
Very excited about the tires/wheels. I was always interested FJ Cruiser/Tundra Steel wheels and it was perfect timing. Ask J if he knew where to source wheels and he just happen to have a set FJ Cruiser 17" Wheels. Hat tilt to Trail Tailor.

Front kits are now available for online purchase.

Jason

Is your plan to eventually have coil conversion kits that utilize the stock 60 axles?

I dont see any reason for this. 80 axles are better axles and have everything already set up. If you are going to the effort of coil swap not sure why you wouldn't want full float for the rear at least. Just my opinion. I could understand if your axels are already built and it is easier to keep current setup.

Although I am probably missing something so please let me know. :beer::beer:

I dont see any reason for this. 80 axles are better axles and have everything already set up. If you are going to the effort of coil swap not sure why you wouldn't want full float for the rear at least. Just my opinion. I could understand if your axels are already built and it is easier to keep current setup.

Although I am probably missing something so please let me know. :beer::beer:

The front 80 diff is smaller and is a weak point in that setup. The rear 80 diff is the same size as the 60 rear and front diffs so it would be nice to use a FF 80 rear axle and 60 front axle. But the track width of the 60 is less than the 80. This can be made equal using the tundra brake mod on the front.

The front 80 diff is smaller and is a weak point in that setup. The rear 80 diff is the same size as the 60 rear and front diffs so it would be nice to use a FF 80 rear axle and 60 front axle. But the track width of the 60 is less than the 80. This can be made equal using the tundra brake mod on the front.

Good info! Definitely something I'll keep in mind for later axle swap! :beer: :beer:

I really just need the comfort/ride of a coil setup for on-road driving and road trips. I don't do any hardcore wheeling so I don't think I would ever get the benefit of 80 series axles. Also, my stock axles are already locked and re-geared. My 62 is mostly for road trips/camping/mountain bike races.

Is your plan to eventually have coil conversion kits that utilize the stock 60 axles?

Yes this is the plan with the white 60.

I dont see any reason for this. 80 axles are better axles and have everything already set up. If you are going to the effort of coil swap not sure why you wouldn't want full float for the rear at least. Just my opinion. I could understand if your axels are already built and it is easier to keep current setup. Although I am probably missing something so please let me know. :beer::beer:

Mainly for guys that have put money in building their fronts up with locker, axles.. etc.. Tundra brake mod.

While the 80 is a smaller RG, there are hundreds of guys abusing the hell out of them on 35s and 37s... and they are still going strong. My preference is the larger personally, but I have a 80 front in my 60 UTE build and it's built up. Not too worried about it. It all depends on how hard you are on you equipment and if you or your spotter can pick a safe line.

While the 80 is a smaller RG, there are hundreds of guys abusing the hell out of them on 35s and 37s... and they are still going strong. My preference is the larger personally, but I have a 80 front in my 60 UTE build and it's built up. Not too worried about it. It all depends on how hard you are on you equipment and if you or your spotter can pick a safe line.

I'm guessing the problems come when you lift a front wheel up and it starts spinning and comes slamming back to the ground. With a front locker you can avoid this. I have F & R 80 axles each with a locker, sitting on the ground under the 60. Just need money and time to get this build going. I have time right now... not so much money. And it doesn't help that I'm self isolating on Vancouver Island right now away from my cruiser... I'm getting to do lots of tree cutting and shed building but not much resto mods. :(

I'm guessing the problems come when you lift a front wheel up and it starts spinning and comes slamming back to the ground. With a front locker you can avoid this. I have F & R 80 axles each with a locker, sitting on the ground under the 60. Just need money and time to get this build going. I have time right now... not so much money. And it doesn't help that I'm self isolating on Vancouver Island right now away from my cruiser... I'm getting to do lots of tree cutting and shed building but not much resto mods. :(

Andrea and I are fortunate enough to be able to LOCK the doors and still work to keep out sanity. I'm the worst for sitting idle. I'm glad to have the tools and means to keep myself busy regardless of business.

Stay safe.

Andrea and I are fortunate enough to be able to LOCK the doors and still work to keep out sanity. I'm the worst for sitting idle. I'm glad to have the tools and means to keep myself busy regardless of business.

Stay safe.

Yes this does help no doubt. I am lucky/unlucky that I work in Healthcare so I still come to work. Only myself and 2 others are the only ones in. If I was forced to stay home I would go crazy, even if I was working remote or not working. I am not one who like to sit around idle. After two days for a forced vacation if I have no where to go, I start going a little nuts (it is not a far leap). Oh that and while I adore my family......I realize why kids staying at home for months on end is a bad thing.

If home I would end up tearing my 60 apart just to keep busy.

So J think of new and cool things to bring to the Land Cruiser world. Stay safe and away from others.

60 rear bumper for a 60 with an 80 frame swap... Yep we got ya covered. This one is headed out to Stan @NCFJ for his current build.

Thanks Stan and stay safe my friend.

Jason

IMG_20200401_085652421.jpg
IMG_20200401_085606484.jpg
IMG_20200401_085725565.jpg

And a new batch of jerry can carriers, dual and triple/Yeti 35s ready for more bumper builds.

IMG_20200401_074910263.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom