Trail Tailor Offerings (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not usually a fan of hood scoops but that one looks really nice.
Once upon a time I owned one of these, same model year and color. Hood scoops were fake, but it didn't slow it down.

1585409513825.png

I didn't catch the make or model, but I saw a newer pick-up that had a hood that looked like a knock off of a FJ60 except it had two air scoops on the raised areas. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Customer delivered his beautiful 60 for a 80 axle and coil conversion lift and a few other mods.

J

View attachment 2251159View attachment 2251160View attachment 2251161
I dig that 4th gen 4runner scoop on a 60 hood. I'm assuming its been modified to actually be functional on this setup? (they weren't functional on the 4runners)

NOT powdercoating # 1 and #2 the ANODIZER is CLOSED so you get a plain bezel. OR I can refund.. no matter to me right now.
Several bay area plating shops are staying open to serve customers that are still open due to government contracts or other work deemed "essential"; if you have trouble sourcing anodizing long term I could send you a list of vendors to check with.

I dig that 4th gen 4runner scoop on a 60 hood. I'm assuming its been modified to actually be functional on this setup? (they weren't functional on the 4runners)

Several bay area plating shops are staying open to serve customers that are still open due to government contracts or other work deemed "essential"; if you have trouble sourcing anodizing long term I could send you a list of vendors to check with.

My plater is open/running for one customer and that isn't me... They hope to be able to take more work soon but not pushing the "closure" policy. They are down south of me, not local.

Not usually a fan of hood scoops but that one looks really nice.

It's a clean look and install.

I was just thinking that.

Let's see.. It would add at least 500hp to my LS, which would make it more powerful, which could then justify repainting the hood again. Done.

We can get that done too while its here....... HA

It's a clean look and install.

We can get that done too while its here....... HA

Let's concentrate on the 937 upgrades on the docket already. I'm so goddamned excited. Can't wait to see the tire wheel combo, let alone the lift installed. Then there's the seats, the sliders and having AC! A reliable tranny and transfer case, too? I'm losing sleep.

Doug has good taste in tires!

Let's concentrate on the 937 upgrades on the docket already. I'm so goddamned excited. Can't wait to see the tire wheel combo, let alone the lift installed. Then there's the seats, the sliders and having AC! A reliable tranny and transfer case, too? I'm losing sleep.

Doug has good taste in tires!

HA HA.. Yeah we'll see you soon. Should have the rear coil kit completely dialed in next week and then they will come together quickly.

J

I like a narrower rim. Now need to find more....
LOL
I like a narrower rim. Now need to find more....
I do like the look of the taller skinny. I wanted more options with the 7.5 width. I could have lived with these, but wanted to stay around 33", and the BFG AT's are not an option. @DougRFJ62 you must be flipping excited, cause I'am for you!!

LOL

I do like the look of the taller skinny. I wanted more options with the 7.5 width. I could have lived with these, but wanted to stay around 33", and the BFG AT's are not an option. @DougRFJ62 you must be flipping excited, cause I'am for you!!

The rim recommendation by most tire MFG are hit or miss for real life application IMO. I ran 12.5" BFGs on stock 60 rims for a couple years with no problems. Plus I like a more "cushioned ride" on and off road and the wider rims usually result in a firmer/jarring ride experience even when lower pressure is used especially in the 17" and above rim sizes.

J

I'm due for tires soon. The 33 10.5's ATs have been great at everything except deep blow sand. (Mud around here is bentonite clay, I just avoid it) I decided next tires need to be just slightly wider. Those Cooper's seem to be the ticket. The wheels are 70 series?

We had a question about our website picture gallery.. pics on it are things we done and have done. Mostly updated and yes we need to update.

But we mainly post our current offerings and creations on Instagram. Can see them here:

J

I'm due for tires soon. The 33 10.5's ATs have been great at everything except deep blow sand. (Mud around here is bentonite clay, I just avoid it) I decided next tires need to be just slightly wider. Those Cooper's seem to be the ticket. The wheels are 70 series?

Yes 70 series.

I love my new sliders Jason. They will greatly assist in loading the roof rack and it's handy to be able just open the door and stand up on them for a quick trail spotting.
Installation was a breeze.

View attachment 2251919

I like that rack.. I only built 3 of those and one was damaged in shipping. Need to make another one day.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom