4th Annual Skyline Ride / Feb 27, 2010 / Skyline, AL (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sorry you got held up....We were wondering what happend. Had a good ride with some pretty good challengies in the medium group. There were a couple of guys there with cameras..I think most of thiem were from the FJ Cruiser guys..

I expect they'll post some pics on the FJ cruiser forum... I'll post a link once I see some.

Mostly FJ Cruisers, a couple of 80's one 60 that I saw (mine) and a couple of 40's, plus a few hard core trail rigs.

I towed my rat-trap up there with my Suburban.. 496 (gas milage machine) :)

tow vehicle broke down on 35. looks like late has turned into not gonna make it.

I was looking for you and just thought you bailed at the last minute. Hate to hear that you had travel troubles.

I led the stock / mild trail group. I did show them a few rocks for the newbies that were unaware.

Here's a link to my facebook album:
My Photos - 4th Annual Skyline Ride | Facebook

Skyline

I did manage to get a few pics of my own yesterday
:mad::mad::mad:

Bama, Do they close all the roads up there? Can any wheeling be done after this weekend?
img312.jpg
img314.jpg

I did manage to get a few pics of my own yesterday
:mad::mad::mad:

Bama, Do they close all the roads up there? Can any wheeling be done after this weekend?

One area closes on May 1st and will reopen on October 1st each year.

The other (the one Elbert went to) is always open but if it's hunting season we only run it at night. We really don't advertise it's location because it's not public land.

Maybe I can get up there before May 1 and just ride around.

Group 3! Is the area they rode in the mgt area? Can I get to that until May 1?

Last edited:
Maybe I can get up there before May 1 and just ride around.

Group 3! Is the area they rode in the mgt area? Can I get to that until May 1?

Group 3 was not on the WMA.

Once my 40 build is done I'll be going up there a good bit. I'll keep you informed if you'd like to join.

so southern off road obviously didn't finish my front locker in time... :( arg i was sooo looking forward to the ride. i hope everyone else had a good time though. hopefully i can catch the next one.

so southern off road obviously didn't finish my front locker in time... :( arg i was sooo looking forward to the ride. i hope everyone else had a good time though. hopefully i can catch the next one.

Whatchu got?
No offense to them, but I've had much more experienced folks botch installs merely because they didn't care and wanted to get it done... the front is pretty time consuming since the hubs have to come off before the dif can come out...
Do you not think you can tackle this yourself? I only ask because once you enter "front locked" land, you'll be pulling all this out anyway when you break parts... it's a good time to get in there...

Bump from the depth of Hades but Skyline not Skyway and some OG's

Man they had 26 people sign up in the first post, impressive! I don't know anything about this area, but would be cool to check out. Maybe some of the HOT South guys know?

Man they had 26 people sign up in the first post, impressive! I don't know anything about this area, but would be cool to check out. Maybe some of the HOT South guys know?

Some of them know it well! It's a Great time too! We need to get up there for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom