Not shockingly failed emissions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll be that guy.

Do a search for emissions. You'll find there's a "procedure" to do to make sure you pass first time, assuming you've done a few things.

Brighton9280, Take a photo of your failed emission form that your state testing station gave you and post it here. That information will help us alot in forming a course of action to help you.

I’ll be another guy. Post up your emissions numbers and what is failing and by how much. Otherwise, there is nothing to go by except is your check engine light on? Are there any OBD-II codes set (if the year of your truck is appropriate). I other words, more information please.

I’ll be another guy. Post up your emissions numbers and what is failing and by how much. Otherwise, there is nothing to go by except is your check engine light on? Are there any OBD-II codes set (if the year of your truck is appropriate). I other words, more information please.
No codes, it’s a 92

No codes, it’s a 92

Show us your emissions test print out. What failed? CO, NOx, etc? and by how much?

:edit: late to the party :eek:

The results should be attached. Failed for carbon monoxide. Limit is 25 and I was just a wee over at 77

B30EFD88-E9A2-413A-BFF8-711E5F8C5D51.jpeg

584625F4-ECCF-435E-A34F-848C5165F11E.jpeg

So it is only failing CO, which means it is running rich. Either too much fuel or too little air. Check for a dirty filter or obstructed air duct first. It could also be a leaky injector bad MAF or oxygen sensor or a number of less likely things. A more efficient catalyst would leap, but it is probably not the cause.

It is also ironic: Failing CO in CO.

Last edited:
Brand new air filter, so I can strike that one off. Hope it’s not the maf, I’ve seen those are spendy little suckers

If your O2 sensors haven't been changed in a very long time I'd recommend that you change them. Replacing them is part of an ongoing maintenance scheduled. Rock auto has Denso sensors for your truck for 35 and 39 dollars each.

If your O2 sensors haven't been changed in a very long time I'd recommend that you change them. Replacing them is part of an ongoing maintenance scheduled. Rock auto has Denso sensors for your truck for 35 and 39 dollars each.
Awesome thanks!

FWIW: I just had my '93 tested in preparation for registering it in Colorado. It passed. Here are the details:

EmissionReadingLimit
HC GPM0.52552.5000
CO GPM17.548925.0000
CO2769.1860-
NOx GPM3.52054.5000

FWIW: I just had my '93 tested in preparation for registering it in Colorado. It passed. Here are the details:

EmissionReadingLimit
HC GPM0.52552.5000
CO GPM17.548925.0000
CO2769.1860-
NOx GPM3.52054.5000

Passed the biennial emission test here in Colorado. Results (notice the changed limits):

EmissionReadingLimit
HC GPM0.56632.0000
CO GPM10.705225.0000
CO2679.6037-
NOx GPM1.81384.0000

I wish I could say there's some secret sauce, but besides filling the tank with ethanol-free gas and mounting a set of dedicated emissions test wheels and tires, I didn't do anything special.

Passed the biennial emission test here in Colorado. Results (notice the changed limits):

EmissionReadingLimit
HC GPM0.56632.0000
CO GPM10.705225.0000
CO2679.6037-
NOx GPM1.81384.0000

I wish I could say there's some secret sauce, but besides filling the tank with ethanol-free gas and mounting a set of dedicated emissions test wheels and tires, I didn't do anything special.
You still have all the EGR hardware on your truck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom