1981 Pick-up Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't think a roll bar will do you much good on the water, but hey who am I to say. Two thumbs up bro.

Probably a total waste of time but I needed some garage time.

951B3C55-9223-47AF-B224-76766D1D1FE1.jpeg

Not a waste. Very cool.

before you get too deep you need to clearance the firewall/inner fender, your 36s will clear but your 40 likely will not. Most people do 1 of 2 things, make room with a BFH or move the axle forward a couple of inches.

before you get too deep you need to clearance the firewall/inner fender, your 36s will clear but your 40 likely will not. Most people do 1 of 2 things, make room with a BFH or move the axle forward a couple of inches.

Ive been eyeing those inner fenders because they do stick out a bunch. I’ve done a little hammering but it definitely is going to need more. Going to wait on wheels to see how it mocks up before hammering too much as every square inch of leg room is precious in this truck. I did move the axle forward with the SAS but we’ll see if it is still enough.

When you have the tire turned to the right and starting to flex, you will be all in the firewall/inner fender really quick. Ask me how I know :doh:

I would mount one of them big boys. Like @TeddyBoy said you're going to be doing some more cutting/beating or moving the axle forward. Which honestly I would look into moving the axle. That will give you a better approach. Sense you're jumping up to 40's, if it was me, I would go ahead and trash the fenders, cut off the ends of the bumper and headlight core support. Put them 40's out there were they are going to hit the rocks before any metal does. At a minimum maybe cut the fender along the body line then angle it in toward the core support after you cut off the headlight support. Plus that way you can show off them 40's bro. Sun's out Gun's out!!

Shoot go ahead link the front axle and put some coil overs on it. You know that's in the future anyway go ahead and knock it out.

Hey Tony you wouldn't happen to have a set of stock front leafs laying around would you?

Hey Tony you wouldn't happen to have a set of stock front leafs laying around would you?

Let me check but I should. I can’t remember if I busted them up when I did the ruf.

if I do you’re welcome to them for free. We’ll just have to figure out how to get them up there. There should be some GA/TN cross pollination at one of these spring rides.

Let me check but I should. I can’t remember if I busted them up when I did the ruf.

if I do you’re welcome to them for free. We’ll just have to figure out how to get them up there. There should be some GA/TN cross pollination at one of these spring rides.

Not in any big hurry. And yeah I'm sure we'll cross paths at some point this spring.

Side note, if you ever start cutting on the rear, I'd be interested in those bedside flares if they are still in one piece. Or if John has his from his old bed. More than 1 project rolling around and I figure I got room to stash parts for a later date.

Thanks

Last edited:
download (3).jpeg

Looks better T, youre not wrong about how long it takes. Me, nick and Randy spent 3 hours trying to bend 2 pieces of tube 36" long each. The 1st one is easy but getting the 2nd to match is a bitch.

All of this quarantining has been good for garage time. Think I’m done with the major pieces. Might add one cross bar through the middle at some point but I’m out of tube for the time being.

4C7F257F-1F99-43D6-8E6E-5669C2BF62A0.jpeg

The quarantine was the best thing that happened to my 4Runner...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom