2010 Sequoia Limited Build and Discussion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Picked up a 2010 Sequoia Limited in Pyrite Mica last week with only 80k miles and I love it. Immediately, I started buying all the aftermarket parts to make it feel like "mine", and now just tapping my foot waiting for it all to get here and installed.

In the meantime, I've noticed a couple of annoyances since I've driven it off the lot - 1. Both Left and Right blinkers are flashing super fast. Haven't noticed any bulbs out, so I figure it's a bad relay or ground? And 2. The power rear door will open just fine from the key fob and dash, but will not power close with either. From searching the threads, haven't seen this particular issue come up with anyone else. Any experiences or ideas?

Other than that, I'm excited to get to the build. Here is what's on tap for the next week or two, and I will try to snap some pics as I go along.

Removed:
  • Rain Guards
  • Toyota Paint Protection Film (not very fun. Maybe because it had been baked onto the vehicle for 10 years)
Adding:
  • Bilstein 5100 Adjustable Shocks: No spacer in rear just yet. The local shop that has always installed everything for me refuses to touch the rear. Said they had a bad experience installing a ReadyLift 3/2 on a Sequoia couple years back and could never get it to align properly, so the owner brings it back to them multiple times per year for re-alignment...Too many people on this forum have run spacer lifts in the back with no issue, so I'm thinking this is a one off and will take it to another shop later to add the rear spacer. Went ahead and got the shocks anyway.
  • 20" Fuel Wildcat wheels
  • 275/65/20 Federal Xplora MT
  • Alpharex Pro-Series Projector Headlights (Midnight Black)
  • Aftermarket Sequoia TRD Pro Style Grill
  • Paramount Automotive Tundra steel front bumper with winch/LED lights/lightbar (Noticed a thread about Tundra Bumpers on Sequoias leaving about a 1" gap between the bumper and the grill and that its better to get a Tundra grill to offset this. Unfortunately, I saw this after I had already bought the Sequoia grill, so we will see how it goes)
  • Wrap chrome door handles and mirrors to gloss black
  • Window Tint
Potential Adds:
  • Roof rack
  • Remove factory running boards with either step bars or power boards
  • LED interior lighting
  • Head unit/audio upgrades
If you have any advice, I'm all ears!

Just wanted to update with a few pics...

Here is what she looked like when I brought her home (minus the rain guards and protection film)

image4.jpeg

This is after the shocks/wheels tires...The 5100s set to the highest level raised the front 1.75" higher than the rear.

image3.jpeg

Side x Side of factory headlight and fog vs. Alpharex Pro Headlight (with LED low beam replacement) and Spyder LED fog light

image2.jpeg

New Grill and gloss black side mirror cover

image1.jpeg

All the rest of the chrome blacked out, and how she currently sits today.

image0.jpeg

Overall, I'm really happy with how it's turned out so far. I still need to tinker with the Alpharex headlights - I haven't been able to activate the DRL or start-up lighting sequence on them yet. I'm sure I have some connection messed up somewhere...The front bumper has been put off for now. I ordered a Rough Country bull bar (it's backorderd) but I haven't decided 100% if I'm going to put it on or not. I kind of dig the front as it sits right now. We'll see...The next for sure thing to do is raise the rear. I was originally planning on going with a spring spacer, but now going to put medium duty springs in the back to raise 1.5"-2", mainly for boat towing.

Here is what she looked like when I brought her home (minus the rain guards and protection film)

View attachment 2237922

This is after the shocks/wheels tires...The 5100s set to the highest level raised the front 1.75" higher than the rear.

View attachment 2237927

Side x Side of factory headlight and fog vs. Alpharex Pro Headlight (with LED low beam replacement) and Spyder LED fog light

View attachment 2237935

View attachment 2237941

View attachment 2237944

Overall, I'm really happy with how it's turned out so far. I still need to tinker with the Alpharex headlights - I haven't been able to activate the DRL or start-up lighting sequence on them yet. I'm sure I have some connection messed up somewhere...The front bumper has been put off for now. I ordered a Rough Country bull bar (it's backorderd) but I haven't decided 100% if I'm going to put it on or not. I kind of dig the front as it sits right now. We'll see...The next for sure thing to do is raise the rear. I was originally planning on going with a spring spacer, but now going to put medium duty springs in the back to raise 1.5"-2", mainly for boat towing.
Good work! Looks great, my favorite color

Where’d you score that grille? It looks awesome. I have a 14 sequoia.

There are a lot of suppliers on there selling these grills, but I used this particular supplier because I heard they were based in the states and had product on hand. It actually shipped from Canada, but still way faster than coming over from China.

There are a lot of suppliers on there selling these grills, but I used this particular supplier because I heard they were based in the states and had product on hand. It actually shipped from Canada, but still way faster than coming over from China.

Thanks for The link. I love the look. I’m thinking of going the same route.

Interested as well... did you have to buy a Toyota emblem as well or did grill come with it?

Picked up a 2010 Sequoia Limited in Pyrite Mica last week with only 80k miles and I love it. Immediately, I started buying all the aftermarket parts to make it feel like "mine", and now just tapping my foot waiting for it all to get here and installed.

In the meantime, I've noticed a couple of annoyances since I've driven it off the lot - 1. Both Left and Right blinkers are flashing super fast. Haven't noticed any bulbs out, so I figure it's a bad relay or ground? And 2. The power rear door will open just fine from the key fob and dash, but will not power close with either. From searching the threads, haven't seen this particular issue come up with anyone else. Any experiences or ideas?

Other than that, I'm excited to get to the build. Here is what's on tap for the next week or two, and I will try to snap some pics as I go along.

Removed:
  • Rain Guards
  • Toyota Paint Protection Film (not very fun. Maybe because it had been baked onto the vehicle for 10 years)
Adding:
  • Bilstein 5100 Adjustable Shocks: No spacer in rear just yet. The local shop that has always installed everything for me refuses to touch the rear. Said they had a bad experience installing a ReadyLift 3/2 on a Sequoia couple years back and could never get it to align properly, so the owner brings it back to them multiple times per year for re-alignment...Too many people on this forum have run spacer lifts in the back with no issue, so I'm thinking this is a one off and will take it to another shop later to add the rear spacer. Went ahead and got the shocks anyway.
  • Paramount Automotive Tundra steel front bumper with winch/LED lights/lightbar (Noticed a thread about Tundra Bumpers on Sequoias leaving about a 1" gap between the bumper and the grill and that its better to get a Tundra grill to offset this. Unfortunately, I saw this after I had already bought the Sequoia grill, so we will see how it goes)
  • Window Tint
Potential Adds:
  • Roof rack
  • LED interior lighting
Did you get the fully adjustable front or the ones with the .87/2" /3" noyches?

Says minimum order 10 units. Were you able to just order one?

Yes, I was, but don't remember if that was listed when I purchased. The whole process was through messaging directly with the supplier, so you can always just shoot them a message and see what they say.

Interested as well... did you have to buy a Toyota emblem as well or did grill come with it?

It came with the emblem

Did you get the fully adjustable front or the ones with the .87/2" /3" noyches?

It was the ones with the notches, but I want to say they were more like 1", 1.75", 2.5" - something like that.

Sorry I didn't see these posts before now. I thought it would alert me when someone replied.

Yes, I was, but don't remember if that was listed when I purchased. The whole process was through messaging directly with the supplier, so you can always just shoot them a message and see what they say.

It came with the emblem

It was the ones with the notches, but I want to say they were more like 1", 1.75", 2.5" - something like that.

Sorry I didn't see these posts before now. I thought it would alert me when someone replied.
No worries

Removed:
  • Rain Guards
Adding:
  • Window Tint
Potential Adds:
  • Roof rack
  • LED interior lighting

Nice rig. Are you able to fit the 275/65/20 Federal Xplora MT in the spare well?

View attachment 2237922

View attachment 2237927

View attachment 2237935

View attachment 2237941

View attachment 2237944

Hey man where did you find that grille? I have been looking for something like that for my 2017 sequoia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom