My FJ45 LPB Huckleberry Hauler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have some!! How I found it 20 years ago! I bought the red one and chased the white one! Imagine the feeling of pulling up and seeing 2 45’s with a for sale sign!!

Wow, were they in Oregon? I see the Oregon plate. I may have passed out.

Mark,

I forget the story, but the white one was from Oregon! It has been in Cali since the mid 70’s. Those pics are from Santa Cruz, ca. They were stored in an rv storage lot that the owner owned. Shortly after I bought the red one, he moved the white one to his property and put it in his pole barn for the next 20 plus years. The real kicker is I could have bought the abandoned 69 road runner in the same lot for $500!!! Back then mopars we’re still not high dollar muscle cars! My focus was 45’s! It was a real deal 440, 6 pack, 4 spd, Dana 60! It had 440six license plates!!! One of many cars that got away!

Got out for a small jaunt today checking some carburetor adjustments. I just love driving this thing....it just gets better and better.

Seth, how about some more pictures.....

View attachment 1899875
More pictures are coming soon, I promise. Just need to get her out of the garage and back on the road first...

Is that white one the one where the guy (family friend maybe) posted up in the 40series section about worth and then a few weeks later was on eBay? Sweet truck for sure.

Brian, cool story. We all remember those days. Thanks for sharing...

Stretching the legs on the old FJ45 the last couple days. Fixing a friends fence and having an excuse to go make a bunch of friends in the parking lot a Lowes when I came back to the truck.

image.png
image.png
image.png

The old girl is still working. I love driving and using this truck for its original intended purpose.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Took off the new 700/15 bias ply tires, they were all over the place. I think some Yokahamas Y742S 700/15 are up next. I've had them before.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.png

I love the look of the bias ply tires but they suck.

There are a few classic tire places out there that have great new radials that look identical to the old original stuff but drive much nicer. Bought a set of these earlier this year...

99B735AB-F932-4E7A-8BD9-F3BEB3BF6265.jpeg

Sure wish they were doing a better job with the old truck tires.

Hello Dom, I"ll check them out. Thanks.

I love the look of the bias ply tires but they suck.

There are a few classic tire places out there that have great new radials that look identical to the old original stuff but drive much nicer. Bought a set of these earlier this year...

View attachment 2197574

Sure wish they were doing a better job with the old truck tires.

What kind of car are those on? Look like Halibrand wheels.

Those are some Huckleberries......Ice Cream Goodies... Nice Cruisers as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom