Toyota FQ 15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am interested in selling my HQ15.

Interested parties please PM me.
Includes the manuals shown earlier in this thread
Located in Chatsworth, CA USA
IMG_20180822_074338.jpg

IMG_20180822_074202.jpg

IMG_20180822_074559.jpg

IMG_20180822_074559.jpg

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to purchase a 2FQ15 a few weeks ago. It was a mates Dads truck years ago but he sold it before I ever got a chance to find out more. He saved it from the local scrap yard. Over the christmas break my mate brought his dad over to check out my FJ45V wagon so I asked what happened to the FQ15. Turns out he knew where it still was and said if I was interested in buying it he could try and sort a deal. It is missing the original F engine and gearbox (which turns out was beside it at the scrap yard) but the divorced transfer case is still fitted. Current wheels are also wrong and on backwards since they are too small but we've tracked down the original 20" rims for it.
I'm thinking of fitting the 2UZ-FE V8 and A750F auto I have in the shed that was meant for my FJ45V and get it on the road basically as is besides a quick tidy up where needed.

FQ15%201_zpsmh1jnr7x.jpg

FQ15%203_zpsayz1w0dt.jpg

FQ15%204_zpsu7zn0p9n.jpg

FQ15%205_zpsnzlh5wma.jpg

FQ15%2011_zps1ajs6j63.jpg

I was lucky enough to purchase a 2FQ15 a few weeks ago. It was a mates Dads truck years ago but he sold it before I ever got a chance to find out more. He saved it from the local scrap yard. Over the christmas break my mate brought his dad over to check out my FJ45V wagon so I asked what happened to the FQ15. Turns out he knew where it still was and said if I was interested in buying it he could try and sort a deal. It is missing the original F engine and gearbox (which turns out was beside it at the scrap yard) but the divorced transfer case is still fitted. Current wheels are also wrong and on backwards since they are too small but we've tracked down the original 20" rims for it.
I'm thinking of fitting the 2UZ-FE V8 and A750F auto I have in the shed that was meant for my FJ45V and get it on the road basically as is besides a quick tidy up where needed.

FQ15%201_zpsmh1jnr7x.jpg

FQ15%203_zpsayz1w0dt.jpg

FQ15%204_zpsu7zn0p9n.jpg

FQ15%205_zpsnzlh5wma.jpg

FQ15%2011_zps1ajs6j63.jpg
Should be an F110. Surely a good F135 would be easier Dave?

Should be an F110. Surely a good F135 would be easier Dave?

If it still had the original gearbox, then yeah I would probably go the way of just fitting a early petrol motor. But without it fitting anything means custom driveshafts or adapters to the current divorced transfer case. I have the 2UZ and A750 in the shed ready to go, so besides sorting the engine loom and custom driveshafts its a easy swap. Similar to if I fitted the 2UZ to the 45V, I will make sure everything is reversible. It's too rare not to.

On other news, word got around the town I bought it from and the original owners contacted my mates dad. They still had the original 20" rims and tyres (including the spare). They ended up delivering them free of charge as they were happy to hear the FQ is getting back on the road. Gotta love the generosity of country people. They are also going to try and find some old photos of it from back in the day.

If anyone on here knows were i can get a canvas cab for my FQ15 that would be great, or even if the dodge M37 canvas would fit that would be great too.

My understanding is production ended in the late 1960s

My understanding is production ended in the late 1960s
This is my understanding too Cruiserdan:
The engine we see in these pics and brochures is the inline six H diesel.
It seems that this engine has been introduced in the late 1960s (see Toyota H engine - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_H_engine).

PS. Do you have more pics from the ad hdjtachtig ? Perhaps that could help.
At least the type of these jeeps could clarify if it is in Japan or not...

Last edited:
H engines were fitted during overhaul in some cases. None were built new with H engines.

I got this picture from him.
2E904192-9B8E-4976-9761-F6528D6DD424.jpeg
He says he can get 10 of these. Questions for more pictures remain unanswered. Also can’t get an engine or frame number from him.
He is going to ship the trucks when all ten are sold he says. If it’s real.
if you search on Facebook for FQ15 you get the similar photos. From Thailand.
that guy also has 6x6 trucks and Jeep’s.
don’t know if you get there with this link https://m.facebook.com/0921235552.max/ ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom