Events/Trails Classic Cruise 2020 - 4/25/2020 (1 Viewer)

classic cruise trail

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like the classic Toyota design but instead of Land Cruiser may Toyota 4X4 in a bolder color that stands out.

So in the past the relic runs were limited to 1989 or older Toyota 4X4s. Is the classic cruise the same? I have a feeling not and should make the vehicles included early on.
Yes it is the same as in past years. This is a true classic cruise 89 and older and it says that on the first entry on this thread.

Classic sticker looks nice!

Here's my take on a CSC Classic Cruize logo. I'm no photoshop guru either.

4WDKHF.png

Looks great except for the Z in Cruise. 😂
The "z" is historically correct - see the original post from @murf :woot:

The "z" is historically correct - see the original post from @murf :woot:

tradition and all that....:hillbilly: 2018 design:
1582832352240.png

2019 design:
1582832375991.png

I really like the "retro" 2020 Classic Cruize look of this version!

1582832456438.png

Last edited:
Az flag as background, Classic Cruize as header... :hmm:

TEQ.jpg

Stickers are in the works right now. Which one will it be, will it be one we have already seen, will it be a new design, will lassie get billy out of the well. These answers and more to come. Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion next week same bat station same bat time.

Stickers are in the works right now. Which one will it be, will it be one we have already seen, will it be a new design, will lassie get billy out of the well. These answers and more to come. Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion next week same bat station same bat time.

Need to do a poll of how many remember and know what all these are without Google.

Well, I remember those two quite well: formative years and such. Burt Ward ring any bells? Right along with trigger saving the day, hop not getting shot, and sky king not crashing his twin.

Well, I remember those two quite well: formative years and such. Burt Ward ring any bells? Right along with trigger saving the day, hop not getting shot, and sky king not crashing his twin.
Reruns on TBS Turners first station

Contemplating commemorative door prizes for the run does any one do etching or engraving, or know of any one who does that can be done fairly cheap?

I just ran this exact route and it’s a good trail, you guys will be in for fun especially if you have someone that knows the area a little. Nothing really difficult, the first 10 miles or so are basically a gravel road and the canyon is pretty cool. The most difficult thing is the route gets a little confusing (at least to me) once you get north of the canyon as there are a lot of trails out there.

Past the canyon itself we kept heading north until about a mile north of Sunset Mine we ran into a bunch of side by sides that told us we couldn’t go any farther so we took a hard left at a sign that said 5 Peaks (road?) up a steep dirt incline, that led us to a series of trails that ran across the tops of the peaks. Talked to an old timer on a quad that confirmed we were pretty much on the right track. Then just kept heading north and west until we eventually did come across some signage that led us to Mineral Mountain Rd. and Reymert Mine.

The last mile or so between the mine you pass on the right (pretty sure it’s Sunset Mine) and where we took the hard left at the 5 Peaks sign were the most technical part of the trail but not bad at all, you just had to pay attention. If you don’t want to do that section there is another hard left steep dirt incline about 50-100 yards south of the mine that I have a feeling will get you up onto the same trails along the peaks.

Several people we talked to said Cottonwood Canyon Rd. had become very difficult if not impassable and at the junction of Cottonwood and Mineral Mtn. someone wrote “dead end” on the sign pointing to Cottonwood Canyon Road. We didn’t go that way so I can’t say how hard it really is but that’s what we were told.

Reymert Mine is cool too but there is very tight brush and you will for sure get pinstriping. The trail isn’t difficult and the remnants of the mine are fun to check out but it is very tight brush getting there. We didn’t find the Sugar Shack as it was getting a little late.

Hope you all have fun!

I just ran this exact route and it’s a good trail, you guys will be in for fun especially if you have someone that knows the area a little. Nothing really difficult, the first 10 miles or so are basically a gravel road and the canyon is pretty cool. The most difficult thing is the route gets a little confusing (at least to me) once you get north of the canyon as there are a lot of trails out there.

Past the canyon itself we kept heading north until about a mile north of Sunset Mine we ran into a bunch of side by sides that told us we couldn’t go any farther so we took a hard left at a sign that said 5 Peaks (road?) up a steep dirt incline, that led us to a series of trails that ran across the tops of the peaks. Talked to an old timer on a quad that confirmed we were pretty much on the right track. Then just kept heading north and west until we eventually did come across some signage that led us to Mineral Mountain Rd. and Reymert Mine.

The last mile or so between the mine you pass on the right (pretty sure it’s Sunset Mine) and where we took the hard left at the 5 Peaks sign were the most technical part of the trail but not bad at all, you just had to pay attention. If you don’t want to do that section there is another hard left steep dirt incline about 50-100 yards south of the mine that I have a feeling will get you up onto the same trails along the peaks.

Several people we talked to said Cottonwood Canyon Rd. had become very difficult if not impassable and at the junction of Cottonwood and Mineral Mtn. someone wrote “dead end” on the sign pointing to Cottonwood Canyon Road. We didn’t go that way so I can’t say how hard it really is but that’s what we were told.

Reymert Mine is cool too but there is very tight brush and you will for sure get pinstriping. The trail isn’t difficult and the remnants of the mine are fun to check out but it is very tight brush getting there. We didn’t find the Sugar Shack as it was getting a little late.

Hope you all have fun!
Thanks for the report. Did you get any pictures?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom