Events/Trails HIH9 Trip Report (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@paflytyer and @bluecruiser it’s got to be about time for an official HIHX thread right? It’s almost March!!!:p:p

00FACC85-9058-403A-9AB8-212C8FABC851.jpeg

Almost go time!!! News flash - supporting vendor list is getting bigger and better for 2020!!
I have watched videos and read threads about this trip. Hope to be part of it this year
[/QUOTE]
If you don’t make it to HIH, don’t let that stop you from going to CO or a similar state and explore on your own or with a couple of friends. All those trails are public and there are plenty of campsites. People on here act like it’s the end of the world if they miss HIH registration haha.

I have watched videos and read threads about this trip. Hope to be part of it this year
If you don’t make it to HIH, don’t let that stop you from going to CO or a similar state and explore on your own or with a couple of friends. All those trails are public and there are plenty of campsites. People on here act like it’s the end of the world if they miss HIH registration haha.
[/QUOTE]
I k ow it's not the end of the world, but I have never done anything like this in the past. I would feel much more comfortable doing it my first time with experienced members.

I k ow it's not the end of the world, but I have never done anything like this in the past. I would feel much more comfortable doing it my first time with experienced members.

Good luck finding friends to drive 20+ hours from IL to CO purely for a trails ride trip. Hey! You two are both from IL wanna go wheeling together some time?

Good luck finding friends to drive 20+ hours from IL to CO purely for a trails ride trip. Hey! You two are both from IL wanna go wheeling together some time?

post up in the regional threads, easy to make connections with folks on the cool side of the country :) guys post in the AZ threads all the time for trail req’s and incites to go together :)

i’ll be watching from the sidelines this year

[/QUOTE]

Kind of agree, CO is awesome, go check it out. But clearly your second comment aligns with you mentioning that you have never attended an HIH before. #hihinsider ;)

The local Toyota club in Denver is Rising Sun. It is one of the bigger Toyota clubs in the country. You would likely find a few non 100 series takers for meeting up in Ouray if you were to post in the Trip and Event Reports section on the Rising Sun forum.

I’m down man! I did HIH8, all the trails except Imogene (which I still wanna run in the future). If you can manage a spot at HIH, I guarantee you it will be an experience you won’t ever forget. I got other plans this year, Montana and Wyoming, If you miss out on HIH shoot me a message and we can plan something. So far it will just be a few family members and my buddy in a 4Runner. Planning some fishing, camping, and offroad for about 3-5 days.

I’m down man! I did HIH8, all the trails except Imogene (which I still wanna run in the future). If you can manage a spot at HIH, I guarantee you it will be an experience you won’t ever forget. I got other plans this year, Montana and Wyoming, If you miss out on HIH shoot me a message and we can plan something. So far it will just be a few family members and my buddy in a 4Runner. Planning some fishing, camping, and offroad for about 3-5 days.

was that the 4 runner that blew up that fan blade on the way to Poughkeepsie at HIH 8?? That’s when I found @Somebodyelse5 wallet!

Picked up the rear bumper I won at HIH9 at the shipping hub yesterday. Thanks to Ben and Dissent Offroad for supporting Hundreds in the Hills year after year. I cant wait to get this thing on!

View attachment 2140552

The event that keeps on giving!! @bamabrock Please send me a nice before and after when you get it installed. The Gram would like to see that. 🙂 thanks!!

I always do it for the 'gram!
To come full circle, repost from the "what have you done to your 100 series thread":

Completed the swing arm tire carrier on the Dissent Offroad bumper I won at the HIH9 raffle (A little more than a year after I received it due to a house remodel, two moves, and getting married slowing my wrenching time; still need to wire up the reverse lights and install the trailer wiring)! By far, the most well designed aftermarket equipment I've installed in my almost 25 years of wrenching. Thanks to Ben for his support of HIH every year!

I also added a Gamiviti spare receiver behind the spare tire and will use it for bike racks or traction boards bolted to the accessory plate I bought as well. You can see in the first pic that it had no problems clearing the stock wheel. Great product from another longtime HIH supporter!
Spare Receivers — Gamiviti - http://www.gamiviti.com/spare-receivers

IMG_20210425_171131414.jpg

IMG_20210424_143819941.jpg

IMG_20210424_143752815.jpg

IMG_20210118_131638101_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210116_103643205.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom