Talladega National Forest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sammybones

Study in Moppishness
Threads
My wife and I explored the Talladega National Forest this weekend. We arrived after dark Saturday night and camped near Sherman Cliffs at an incredible campsite on a mountain ridge. Beautiful views from every direction.

Woke up and checked out the Cliffs. Wow! What spectacular views. We were blown away. Left there and explored some trails off of 600-1. Found some really good wheeling on some random unmarked trails.

After that we went to Rob Roy Falls. Another awesome spot. It looks like you could cross the river there and continue exploring if the water wasn’t so high.

Only took us 2 hours to get to the Forest from our house so we’ll be back for sure.

Last edited:
My wife and I explored the Talladega National Forest this weekend. We arrived after dark Saturday night and camped near Sherman Cliffs at an incredible campsite on a mountain ridge. Beautiful views from every direction.

Woke up and checked out the Cliffs. Wow! What spectacular views. We were blown away. Left there and explored some trails off of 600-1. Found some really good wheeling on some random unmarked trails.

After that we went to Rob Roy Falls. Another awesome spot. It looks like you could cross the river there and continue exploring if the water wasn’t so high.

Only took us 2 hours to get to the Forest from our house so we’ll be back for sure.
Camping off the cliffs are pretty awesome, just hope it wasn’t too windy that night!

I haven’t really been off 600-1 on side trails before, I think most of them are considered private land, so just be careful with that next time.

Where about is Roy Rob Falls? Not sure we have checked that out before.

Did you continue onto 600-2?

Left there and explored some trails off of 600-1. Found some really good wheeling on some random unmarked trails.
Glad yall had fun, and while I hate to be that guy and this is meant towards everyone as a reminder, please don't go off the designated motorized trails in national forests. Those were either private land or marked on the map for nonmotorized access. It has been a major problem in 600-1/2 and it is how those gates get installed and we loose access. a lot of the trails in the national forests in GA, NC and TN are having the same issue.

The problem has gotten a lot worse since facebook pages have everyone in the south flocking to TNF like its the Redneck Rubicon. We documented the trash and graphitti on our last run and cleaned up what we could.

I hope you'll come over and join us for a ride sometime. Guys from other TLCA chapters are on almost all of our monthly club rides.

The trails I’m referring to went back into campsites. I certainly don’t think any of it was private land or non motorized access land.

Yes, the trash and graffiti sure is shame. Littering is my number one pet peeve.

Glad yall had fun, and while I hate to be that guy and this is meant towards everyone as a reminder, please don't go off the designated motorized trails in national forests. Those were either private land or marked on the map for nonmotorized access. It has been a major problem in 600-1/2 and it is how those gates get installed and we loose access. a lot of the trails in the national forests in GA, NC and TN are having the same issue.

The problem has gotten a lot worse since facebook pages have everyone in the south flocking to TNF like its the Redneck Rubicon. We documented the trash and graphitti on our last run and cleaned up what we could.

I hope you'll come over and join us for a ride sometime. Guys from other TLCA chapters are on almost all of our monthly club rides.
Thanks for being that guy, actually everything you say is correct. If you want to know if you can drive on it download the MVUM from this PAGE If caught off trail you vehicle can be confiscated, also keep that in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom