Builds 1997 FZJ80 to HDJ80 1HD-FTE + H152F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay. I promise we are about to have an update with some good photos and progress updates. The engine has been completely torn down for a complete rebuild. We have been slowed due to a delay with a couple of key gaskets. Those have now arrived and things are moving right along again. The injector pump is back from the rebuild and the injectors have been modified to handle the added boost. We are going to run the Winks turbo initially but may consider some different options after some test runs.

New custom HD radiator showed up today.

3E4082C9-1BCB-4FB3-A974-DF8B0635DA9F.jpeg
D2FEF9EA-0917-435C-B36B-7B7066661A83.jpeg

Beautiful. I may have missed it, where did you source the radiator?

Subscribed for some oil burnin' fun.....

A little more progress. The LRA main tank replacement showed up this morning! Pretty sweet setup at 140 litres or around 37 gallons. This was the last real component that we were waiting on to get started. The bottom end rebuild (bearings, rings, etc.) was completed tonight and everything was reassembled. I’ll have some pics shortly once the paint is dry.

5C55F630-145D-49DC-ACFE-83B9A2007193.jpeg
4A6CD31B-00AF-46FF-AF22-1B18A19861B4.jpeg
39639A5A-E379-4BFC-B13E-40D30619F637.jpeg

5EB3ED99-5C29-4D7C-ACFF-481A87FF391B.jpeg

Is he going to start producing some things for the 1hdt, I know he’s creating quite the reputation. I think there’s a market stateside
Well...he is sort of a one man band. He does fabricate some items. I know he has had some of these radiators made for other people. And he has done numerous intercooler installs on HDJ81’s. Just depends on what you want.

The prize is always an intercooler stateside, didnt realize he was a one stop shop. Makes all the work he puts out even more impressive

The truck was dropped off at the shop this morning and the engine/transmission will be pulled by the weekend. The FT is coming together nicely. We got a little delayed at the end as there were a couple of bits and pieces that we decided to replace. FACT: engine swaps are not cheap or for the faint of heart.

Here is motor as of last week....it’s starting to look really nice.

84483479-647A-44C1-BA89-DF5E05380CCC.jpeg
556F7CEF-52C2-4BC7-BA3A-062C23CB3B9A.jpeg

A buddy of mine just picked up a 40th a few weeks ago. Reno all its life, 128k, one owner, 20yrs of service records, always garaged. Even the original leather looks mint. Probably the nicest one I have ever seen. They are still out there but not easy to find or cheap.

Cheers

John,

Is this burning diesel yet? ;)

A buddy of mine just picked up a 40th a few weeks ago. Reno all its life, 128k, one owner, 20yrs of service records, always garaged. Even the original leather looks mint. Probably the nicest one I have ever seen. They are still out there but not easy to find or cheap.

Cheers
How much?

John,

Is this burning diesel yet? ;)
@Workhorse in short, nope. I cannot express the level of disappointment I have with this project. But.....I do have two other fun trucks that have progressed nicely.

The 40 series is just dead sexy.

Okay. I think...hope....we are about ready for some updates. I was by the shop last week and the engine was pretty much ready to go. The transfer case was rebuilt and now has a sweet low range reduction kit from @cruiseroutfit. I am told the engine/transmission/transfer case will be sitting in the truck this evening. Fingers crossed.

IMG_2874.jpeg

IMG_2875.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom